Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Keeping in touch - with my lecturer

I am not a fervent, always sitting in the front row, asking lots of questions, going to seniors to chat, going to junior to preach - kind of students. Worst when I was in uni, I was practically a back bencher. Always late to submit projects, almost always late for class etc...

But somehow, I was the President for Architecture Club. And we held a series of activities and that was actually HOW my lecturers came to KNOW me better (or to know that actually this student exists??)

One of the lecturers, Mr.Architect A. was my 'fan'. In the class, he would want me to sit in front. He would make fun of me, tease me etc and many course mates would think he is a 'sweet talker'(but he actually got a very fierce look!!). Hahaha!! They all got it wrong. I had the chance of being 'alone' with him. He never pulled my leg when we were left 'alone'. We talked leisurely and sometimes seriously, about work, about his family, about how it is to be working as an architect in real life. He is like totally a transformed man. To him, he sees the mature side of me. He knows no matter how he teases me, I won't cry like a little girl or have ill feelings towards him. He actually pumped up my 'ego' to be an architect. Yes, to be one architect, you need to have a bit of 'ego' in you!! Hahaha!

Even after graduation, we kept in touch until I lost his number and he then lost mine for I had changed my number. The good Datum linked us back again. I met another lecturer during the conference and got hold of his contact again.

We chatted over the phone yesterday. Things have changed. He is now no longer a lecturer but rather a full time dad and architect. At least one thing did not change - we still talk like the old days and we also have one thing in common - we put our family as our TOP PRIORITY!

It is good to catch up with old friend. :)

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Contented Mum said...

yes, is always nice to catch up with old friends.

2:31 PM  
Blogger Royalshoppingarcade said...

good to know that men like him makes family a priority...

2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HA HA HA HA!!

Love the part where you wrote about "ego" and "architects".

As far as I know....it's a default! I have architect friends, who have BIG HUGE EGOS!!!!! I think without it, they might as well not be one, eh?

Heheheheheheheheheheh

8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to reminisce over old times, eh? Hmm, wonder where all my old lecturers are???!!

9:20 AM  
Blogger blinka.Li said...

mott,
i guess ALL designers should have a bit la (or shall I say : thick face??!!) it is just like when people say : 'not nice la your design!' You just have to be so thick face and say 'this is the TREND now and it IS nice!' hahahaha

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home