Wednesday, January 20, 2010

3 YEARS

Jien turned 3 last X-mas.

To me, this number 3-thing is so so special.
It used to be so much yelling and screaming. Me. Not him. As I was trying to get him to follow instructions; to remind him that he needs to do his poo poo IN the toilet bowl, not OUTside the bowl; to tell him to go to the toilet to wee wee before he did it, not after he did it. The best is, he always love doing it on the carpet!

The screaming list goes on and on. In the mall, if you see a woman shouting and chasing, that is probably me. In the car, you will see a woman's face goes strangely stressed and stretched, that is me trying to get him not kicking the dash board. In the park, most likely you would find me running and chasing after a boy then having a wonderful evening stroll.

The screaming thing lessen ABRUPTLY when he turned THREE.

He listens to me MORE. He answers MORE instead of repeating what I asked or said. He enjoyed the park MORE. He loves to run, jump, play, in short, MORE active. LESS of him doing his biz on our pathetic carpet;
the other day, I forget to put on his diaper before he goes to sleep and he surprised me with a dry pyjamas the next morning. :) He would still run in the mall but if he is with me, he is more careful and would turn and look for me sometimes!

He gave me time to work by asking,


J:'Mama, are you work(~ing)?'

'YES'

J:'Ok' then, he would help me close the door nicely and left to play on his own...ahhhh.....:)

He is of course, a bit jealous of his brother. But generally, I thought he is a good bro. He greets the little one good night, everyday and he will give me a wonderful, magical kiss on my lips when I go to sleep. :)

As a boy his age, he already cultivate a habit to read and learn. He would turned off the TV when he is bored and pick up his books, drawing board (still his favourite TOY) and now his exercise book and he would do the self-taught part, especially in the evening or in the morning if he is not going to school. So he could spell so many words and best of all, he is now FINALLY interested in learning Chinese character and I am so so glad. :)

Some 4 years ago, he was just a tiny dot in the womb and today he is a boy of almost a meter tall!

Jien, mama loves you and I know, you knew it. You taught me about love, the unconditional love and for that, mama will love you FOREVER! :)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Clair said...

Happy Birthday Jien. You lucky mama, he's so sweet. I'd love to pinch his cheeks LOL.

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home