Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Worse Than Exam!!

I got a tag from Mott, whom I am sure is a fervent reader. And having posted so many funny blogs and STILL having her thinking that I am a bookworm or somebody who READS is something I thought - pretty amazing!! Hahaha! It is tough for a person like me to answer the questions and when I looked at her answer, I felt like digging a hole and jump right in to HIDE HIDE HIDE! Gosh, she really reads!! I felt that the questions are the toughest for me to answer so far! Worse than my part III exam and I am not exaggerating!....kekeke

Then I thought maybe this could be a good joke for most and hey, making someone laugh is a KIND thingy eh? So here comes the jokes of the day....ENJOY.


Do you remember how you developed a love for reading?
To kill my time as a bored child at home during the holidays.

What are some books you read as a child?
I can't remember having any extra books other than my text books. I remembered the LADYBIRD series (red colour caught my eyes A LOT) of story books my cousins used to have and I will be like so amazed looking at Cinderella with her shoes and I remembered the Elves and the ShoeMaker (I can still remember the picture NOW! Not the text, I don't 'read' much of English until I am like Standard 3 or 4!); I also remember the colourful 'activity' magazines (the title is something like Hong Ping Guo - red apple, I think) my neighbour used to have and I would loved to go to her place to read those. Hehehehe Other than that, would be some classic story book where the Chinese proverbs derived.

What is your favourite genre?
Used to be suspense and science fiction, but now anything SHORT SHORT SHORT! NO HORROR, I'll freak out!

Do you have a favourite novel?
I read everything ONCE normally, so NOpe, tak ada. But I used to love reading the classic novels by 'Jin Yong'...hehehe

Where do you usually read?
Anywhere, mostly on bed last time (mid nite already ma). Now normally in the toilet cause Jien always would climb on me and there goes my book and privacy to read. :O !!!

When do you usually read?
Toilet mah....in the morning lor! (I hope u don't fell from your chair now!)

Do you usually have more than one book you are reading at a time?
Yeah, if one book is boring, I will chuck it one side and read something else. If that counts. ;P

Do you read nonfiction in a different way or place than you read fiction?
Not really.

Do you buy most of the books you read, or borrow them, or check them out of the library?
Library? UU siao boh?? Here in Malaysia, we normally don't go to library and some libraries are closed on Sundays! Buy la - hubby buy. ;P

Do you keep most of the books you buy?
No place to keep, we chucked them at my in law's house. Let the rest read. HAHAHA!

If you have children, what are some of the favorite books you have shared with them? Were they some of the same ones you read as a child?
Hello Peter hello Jane would be later la..I find the pictures not so attractive. We bought for him the hard cover story books (also the Ladybird series..) and he LOVES them; Jien has to learn Chinese too, and this is one of those books I read to him..

Ahh...will take Mott's advise on this and keep an eye on the books she had recommended. :)

Do you keep a TBR (to be read) list?
Tak ada. But I do sometimes look at the book review column to check it out.

What’s next?
Hmmmm...I really don't have any. But I do want to own a series of 'Building Details' for work sake. Damn, they are so expensive! I do have intention to read the The Romance of Three Kingdom and the 'Hong Lou Meng' for quite some time. But I got hold of the wrong version, so difficult to digest the language itself.....ghrrrr!

What books would you like to reread?
I don't RE-read. But I do frantically flip my design magazines again and again searching for ideas!!!

Who are your favourite authors?
For a person like me, I am really poor at remembering names. But for any authors that I had read more than ONE of their books are Jin Yong, Chang Xiao Sien, Liu Yong, Liu-Xuan, Gu-Long, Mitch-Abom(trust me, I actually went to check the books again to check the name!)...mainly Chinese books wuo?

So the conclusion is : blinka.li is NOT a reader!! As much as I want to read, with Jien and work now, it is rather impossible to find time to even finish reading the newspaper..but then again, Malaysia's newspaper are SO THICK! Hahaha! :) .........................Hope you all have a good laugh!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger danny said...

I am interested in Chinese culture. I prefer to learn Mandarin Chinese .it sounds nice, it is the language which is spoken by most people. Besides, It is the language, which has potential to influence the future. If you want to learn Mandarin ,perhaps yon can visit http://www.hellomandarin.com .it's a good website from where I learn Chinese.

5:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehehehe..you are a reader!!!! I wish I could read mandarin... because there are SOOO many books I would love to read!!!!!!!

thanks so much for doing this yea...

6:37 PM  
Blogger blinka.Li said...

Danny,
Yeah, I love the culture too. I am still waiting to revisit the art of calligraphy and I love Chinese painting and would really pick up the skill!

mott,
hheeheh, then pick up some 'Introduction to Chinese' books at the store lo...

I went & watch RED CLIFF yesterday and man, I really want to read the Romance of the 3 Kingdom real soon to pick up the story!!! :P Love it!

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya I prefer to watch the movies than read the books. But my daughter always tries to recommend me to read the book first, then watch the movie. Aiyah where got time?

Hey blinka, can come over to my mommy blog (click on my name)? I'm not posting much on weavingl bec some woman is stealing my content and I report her, so waiting till they shut down her site, bwahahaha.

12:25 PM  
Blogger Contented Mum said...

I use to read before I sleep, a habit I pick up while studying but now, hardly have time to read with the two little girls around. Like u, I read when go do my "business". hehehe

10:39 AM  
Blogger blinka.Li said...

c'mum,
yala...really difficult to find time to read my own books! my boy wants me to read him HIS books. IQ zero already!! kakaka...btw, some say hor not so good to read while doing bizness...hmmmm

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home