Thursday, July 17, 2008

Fragile, life

This morning, Jien woke up with some cough. It is his very first cough!! I guess it must be our maid who pass the germs to him.

So I brought 2 of them to the clinic. At the clinic, the paediatrician told me it was just a minor infection at the throat for him (thank goodness) and she started to ask me about Dr.Jeremy. I said yes, I knew and am so sorry about his passed away.

She said recently we had lost so many doctors. She said at least 6 doctors (one of them, my nieces' paediatrician) left us and some are only in their 40s or 50s. She felt so sad. Yes, I could see tears in her eyes. She also told me that her gynae hubby had just done his by-pass. She said why is it so sudden?

Yeah, I supposed they are all friends to her. Losing 6 friends at one short frame of time is indeed hurtful.

Some of the doctors are in denial state with the fact that even in early stage, one may STILL have the chance to be associated with HEART problem;
Some overworked and failed to see that doctors are not GOD, we are all just human and human need ample of rest, what more a doctor - whose work requests no mistakes.

Life is - fragile.



Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya..I got a shock when I heard about Dr. Jeremy!!!!!! A real shock!

Anyway...I have a Bookworm tag for you!!! I hope you can do it!!!

Hope Jien n Maid are both better now...take care!

6:22 AM  
Blogger Marsha Maung said...

I crept past...very nearly scraped my skin raw...heart problems because of overworking. I thot it was a good thing mah....hardworking, more money, buy more things, happening and all that. then one fine day, a scary ECG later, doc say mild hypertension, take care no prob.

phew. so now, happiness is at the top of my life. i now believe that when happiness is placed on top of the list, money will come along because one is passionate about the work.

heart probs can strike anyone so, it's a surprise to me that docs would take life's fragility for granted.

good warning....

11:41 PM  
Blogger blinka.Li said...

mott,
Oh, u know him too?

Alamak, i am not a bookworm leh...will see huh...they are both well after 'seeing' the doctor! hahaha

marsha m,
wow! looks like i better do my next check up since I felt like having tonnes of worries and stress lately!

11:03 AM  
Blogger ROYAL JESTER said...

Blinka.li,
I just came from Suhaimi Sulaiman's blog and he announced death of an intern at AStro Awani.He was just 23 and died of heart attack.
Gosh.I really am looking forward to happiness in life and with less stress.I just don't want to die young and indeed, life is short. we always say it but we never really LIVE IT! So, let 's LIVE IT. Money problems, all those other stress in life will always be there,why not be happy about it, and things would surely be ok in the end.THat's how I feel anyway...Glad that Jien and the maid are feeling better.

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home