Monday, April 21, 2008

Remembering the Moment

We were rather anxious. Blood stains in the morning meant something. I went to Dr.Jeremy, this time - alone. He had a thorough check and said that the labor process had started. He asked me to wait at home, till the contraction comes every 15 minutes.

I went back with my ballooned tummy. Nervous but I was fine then. Worked in the afternoon and received calls from MIL. Hubby kept me checking via the phone and I assured him that I was fine and relaxed.

When hubby came back in the evening, we went out for dinner. The contraction was on and off, nothing near 15 minutes intervals. But we were both nervous, being the first timer. Nevertheless we 'completed' our dinner. My bag was in the car, ever ready to speed up to the hospital if we need be. We drove around town aimlessly. The contraction was rather mild and struck me every half an hour but I did not want that agony to drag me through the night. I know I won't be having a good sleep. So we had decided to head to the hospital for another checking, just to ease the cracking mind, not the cracking 'egg'. Hmm..

We were lucky. Not other doctor but my gynae,Dr.Jeremy was there to attend to me. The answer was the same. The labor had started but it could take another 12 - 48 hours for natural birth, for only God knows when he will pop out. He suggested insertion. He said it would be natural birth too as he is just speeding up the process of 'waiting'. He said with this, he is quite firmed that the baby will be out in the morning. Ok, we took his advise.

In a matter of seconds, I was whizzed to the labour room, changed and later having 'octopus' stuck on the tummy. We could here the heart beat of our little one galloping. Nothing much happened really and so hubby went home to get his mattress so that he could be with me this very special night.

At about 12am, I was 'inserted' with that tiny mystical wonder pill. It was well pass my bed time, I dozed off. But I was awaken soon enough as the pain started to be too frequent and more intense. I could not take it any more and requested for epidural (just too 'thin skin' as my mother always commented me in my tolerating pain). Sorry for disturbing your good sleep doctor but COME NOW!! I mean if you can, SPEED your way here this instants! He ( could not recall his name ) arrived and the process begun. All I could remember was the bending and pulling my leg up close to my chest part, gosh, it took so long to administer. I was feeling numb on my lower body, I felt pressed and I hate that. I was so afraid that my baby was smashed and squeezed inside. I was exhausted. I slept immediately after.

I woke up around 6am, I think, in pain - severe pain. We called the nurse. She came in, checking on me and commenting " Aiya, put epidural still painful meh? " and she turned to the epidural drip and said "Aiya, mou cho wo! (finish already!)" Good lord!!

While she tried to top up the drip, I asked her
"Is it not ready yet? How many cm dilation now?"
"10cm"
"Then why isn't the baby coming out??"
"Oh, ok-lah, quite some time already, let's try to push now la"
*speechless*

After some pushing and deep breathing, my baby still cling on to the comfy pouch. Note : Baby in O.P. position, so he would find it hard to push himself out too.

"Doctor is here!" the nurse said, in a cheerful tone (what a relief to them I supposed, they really don't know what they could do with me already)
With his magic hands, and his ever smiley eyes, he assured me that the baby is coming out. He said I need to push harder. He ordered to plug off the epidural drip. He then changed his attire and shoes. I still think it is quite funny with the pair of booty, he almost looked like Phua Choo Kang and the thought of having PCK to help me with my delivery .....hahaha

Anyway, he cuts open the 'opening' and after a few push and with the help of vacuum suction, vrrrpp! My baby Jien was out and crying. It seemed so effortlessly and so easy, with him.


Now my boy is 16 months old. Thanks to him.


Hubby and I would always remember him - Dr.Jeremy Chuah. The confident level he had is so assuring and affirming. It would not have been easy without him, our dear doctor.

It is a great lost to the society that God took you to be with Him. We are indeed so grateful that we had chanced upon you and that you had helped to deliver our little precious one.

May peace be with you and your family, always.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home