Sunday, March 09, 2008

080308

Remember this date 8th March 2008 as it marks a new chapter for all Malaysians.

Yes, it was our voting day yesterday, coincides with the International Women's Day. I vote, of course and it was my 3rd. And like usual, I went with my brother. I love the atmosphere of the voting day. It is a day that I felt so strongly that I AM A MALASYSIAN and I am PART of it. The feeling is stronger than the National Day for sure. I love the fact that everyone eligible is there and we all have one vote in hand to cast - for the betterment of the nation.

This time, the feeling is ALL so strong.

The whole night, we stayed up with FIL, MIL, SIL to check online and on TV for the latest result. (See, we love the country so much actually). I could not hold it anymore after 11pm but hubby stayed on for the result. We knew something is unusual here. The counting of votes had already been done in most schools and voting centers by 7pm. And with the system now, all news should be out by latest 9pm or 11pm. We knew that it would be a close fight and in me, I just hope that it would be a fair fight.

And so by now, we all knew the result.

I am relieved. It seems that a majority of city folks shared the sentiment - to see a change of blood in the system. It is a big win for the oppositions for Penang, Selangor, Kedah, Kelantan and Perak.

I am glad. Thanks to the people who supported the oppositions and give the country a new breath and chance.

I am glad. Thanks to the people who take their time out to vote.

Thanks to internet, You-tube, Malaysiakini-Raja Petra and other opposition leaders, supporters and volunteers.

Ah..what a day!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home