Monday, January 28, 2008

Hainanese Chicken Rice

China Trip - Part II

Now, most of us will somehow link Hainanese with their chicken rice and 'kopi'.

Well, I have to admit being one Hainanese myself, I LOVE Hainanese chicken rice (HCR). Be it roasted or boiled.

So when we went to Hainan Island, the origin of the origin, of the HCR, that is one MAIN itinerary that we MUST achieve.

First day, no chicken, but the rice - fuyoh! Fantastic! Oily but yummy...

Then, it was the chicken rared by my cousins.....Hmmmm.......If you are having any denture, then, please do not try cause it will fling out with the chicken!! It was so hard and we all left the chicken mainly intact. This kampung chicken really exercise a lot!! According to my cousin, he already caged in the chicken for a day. Gosh! He should have did it for a week at least! Hahaha. Anyway, it was a nice gesture of him. Anyway, the dish was swept clean as they(my relatives there of course) took their own sweet time talking and exercising their jaws...hehehe

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger ROYAL JESTER said...

hehe..ayam kampung memang keras!!!heheh..soo hard, i don't like them.hehe..funny thing you mention that they exercise a lot..i was always wondering why la these chicken are soo hard..your point makes sense..hehe

3:52 PM  
Blogger blinka.Li said...

pu1pu3,
eh! my invitation approved??

ya lah, back here my MIL normally used ayam kampung to boil soup only. :P

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love hainan chicken too~! been having that once a week since the hk saigon restaurant opened for business in my area 2 years ago.

6:50 PM  
Blogger Cheryl Chin. said...

Me love it too!!..LoLz, sorry for the time I took to just write my blogspot. www.cheryl-zelife.blogspot.com

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home