Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Perth and Me

I guess my previous post sounds as if I don't quite like Perth. Nuh...not at all. There are things which I admire.

- Town planning. Very neat. The best is they weaved in landscape - hard and soft in a very subtle manner. The park is not deserted. Parks could be found with lots of birds and the trees are certainly not 'dying'.



- They take care of pedestrians. All pedestrians walkway is 'linked'. No pot-holes. No sudden step of like a foot deep like what we have here. If there is big split in levels, they plunked in lift for pedestrians. So no problem with stroller ALL THE WAY! (But I have problem lifting the stroller into our apartment though. There are some steps leading to the main entrance. So I had trained up my muscles there and I am SURE that my arms get BIGGER with all the carrying, walking etc! ;) )

- They take care of fine details. Yes, very fine details like road curb is done in a proper manner. No mess up job.

- They love cycling. :) This makes the city very 'in-scale'.

- Public Transport(Bus- which they call Cats in colours: Red, Blue, Green) within the city if FREE. :) And we can even know what time the next bust will arrive and almost all times, they are pretty much punctual.

- I don't think anyone wants to snatch my hand bag there. I felt safe even walking in the park alone with Jien. :) This is perhaps the most important point. SECURITY.

I have not ventured into their housing areas and the famous outback. I guess I will scream for love of the beauty of the almost untouched beauty if I were to visit the outback ... Hmmm. There will be ONE FINE DAY, I would say: Perth here I come again. HA HA.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

O_o...wondering what happened!

Hope ur bro is ok now!

And..yes, Perth (esp the suburbs) is very quiet, but a really great place to raise a family, becoz u get to do a lot of outdoor activities. If you don't, you'll die from boredom! HA HA HA!!!

I think Sydney or Melb wud be a better place if you need more excitement!!!

Glad u guys had a great time... Jien really looks good!

fast fast blog abt spooky story la.....I love spooky stories!

6:35 PM  
Blogger Contented Mum said...

Jien's smile is so sweet in your previous entry. So nice to spent holidays in Perth. Glad u enjoying it.

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home