Friday, July 06, 2007

Thoughts

Works are piling up for me lately. The daily 4 hours of available time for me to work had slowed down my work A LOT. STRESS.

Jien had caught virus from his aunt on the weekend and he is down with stuffy nose now. So sticky and thick is the mucus and this has cause him difficulty in breathing. And for this, we were having few restless nights already. He would wake up around 3am and had difficulty falling into sleep again. Breathing with his mouth made him thirsty and fart A LOT. Poor him. Poor me. STRESS.

We went for a check up at a paediatrician's clinic at Hartamas. Jien was a good boy then. He is always cool with strangers and he is so generous to flesh his handsome smile. Doc praised him for his good eye contacts and he is good - socially. And of course, she also marveled at his weight, a good 9.8kg now. She prescribed anti-histamine (correct spelling ah?) syrup for him and also paracetamol just in case he catch fever later (touch wood, so far so good!). But the medicine-feeding episode is not so rosy and cute. Jien struggled like we were going to KILL him and when we tried to suck his nose, he thought we were going to suffocate him! Kids! STRESS.

And so I was thinking real hard lately. I still have chance to be a designer and enjoy my work in later years but I had only one chance to be with my boy at this tender age...a good mom? Am I? I struggled a bit. Well, most working mom did, I supposed. But I can't just leave my work as in NOW. I thought maybe when I have my second one, I will quit. I will quit for at least 4 years from the building industry to be a FULL-TIME-MOM and hopefully, a good one.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha, medicine-feeding is no joke. It's always a struggle and you wish they'd grow up faster.

2:06 PM  
Blogger blinka.Li said...

clair,
yeah!but my nephew actually ask for more medicine ALWAYs! Imagine he can now eat aloe vera with no qualms and I CAN'T, yikes, so bitter!!

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

poor Jien....all mi n di fault to have u sleep in an air-con. room.However,apply vicks on his chest every night before going to bed.During the day,every 10 mins feed him water to clear the phelgm.Poor mummy.......more to come,more to come!Stay calm,u can always count on me.Cheers!

4:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home