Monday, April 14, 2008

Wedding Bells

I love attending weddings. The positive, loving, exciting atmosphere just exudes in the air. The aura that the couple exhibits, the guests making time and effort (put up nice attire and make up!! I love this part! How else can a soho person like me 'dress to kill'?? Hahaha) to attend the function and the thought of meeting up with cousins / buddies or even long lost friends thrill me. Of course, we need to know the couple well enough to say the least. I had attended a few weddings last year and missed a few actually (during my confinement).
This one's hubby's colleague's wedding in Damansara. We were late as I could remember Jien was snoring and dreaming away when it is time to leave the house! We let him be. It was his very first wedding dinner and he behaved alright.

As for me, I don't know any of the guests. My attention was solely on my 7months' old son, feeding him and keeping him busy so that he does not then 'catch the attention of the floor'..

This one was one of my favourites. The couple (VV and Wei Liang, centre of the pictures) are both my schoolmates in uni. We met most of our classmates; some even traveled from Penang and Singapore just for the function in Malacca. The chatter box never ends and we had a wonderful time catching up the latest news! Hubby enjoyed the trip too simply because of the yummy food around town especially our favourite Hainanese Chicken Rice there. Yummy!

Oh by the way, these are my very very close friends in uni and we always worked in group. Our dear Peter(our chief) call it Fab6!! Right.
My aunts. Maternal side.

We were at my cousin's wedding. My cousin who can't even remember who am I !!! What a joke. Anyway, it was a wonderful event for me nonetheless. Being around with cousins and relatives meant a lot to me nowadays.

What surprises me was my dad. He joyfully attended the 'yam cha' (tea) ceremony in the morning (which he would skip most times) and happily attended the dinner at night. I am sure mom is smiling away in heaven...

That was 31st Dec 2007, the last wedding of 2007 and Jien just turned 1.

I hope there would be some wedding bells 'ding-dong'-ing this year - for my cousin sisters / brothers maybe. My aunts' neck had grown at least an inch longer waiting for the event. Hey, let's hope!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agree, I like the dressing-up part but not the chopsticks-washing part (yuck!) LOL.

10:51 AM  
Blogger blinka.Li said...

clair,
hahaha,luckily now they normally have a serving spoon! Or else.....yuck, really u make me sick liao (face turning green...)LOL

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home