Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Busy greenery work

I was constantly on the move to work on something - designing, cleaning, baking, painting and even 'gardening' of some sort. Maybe this is what one called the nesting effect. Gosh! I must admit, the effect is doing me great!!

I bought the seed of lettuce at the DIY at the cost of RM2. I have no idea how fast and how big it will grow. I plonked the seed quite closely together thinking that some will die eventually la!! But hey no, they all grew and I had to separate them in different pot eventually. I also bought some chilli seeds but we waited and waited, no sprout nothing!!


The other day, MIL pass me some cili padi from her neighbour, saying that those are very nice fragrant cili and very hot too!! Ahhh...I saw the bulb lit in my brain. My maid said I should sun dry the cili first. So we did. After a few days of drying, I sprinkled them in the pot and yesterday, I finally saw some sprout!! I was so excited!! Hahaha!!


Jien helped me do the watering work sometimes and he would say 'grow, grow!!' Yeah, hopefully by another 2 months, we can have fresh lettuce from our little potted garden!! Hey!!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wah, really can grow lettuce in a pot? I didn't know that, I'm gardening-challenged, haha.

10:36 AM  
Blogger blinka.Li said...

clair,
Don't know how big it will grow la?! I try first and let's see :)

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home