Thursday, December 11, 2008

Bread Story II

I was trying my luck on baking - BREAD. Again. This time - Butter Cheese Sweet Buns.

The ingredients and recipe seems so effortless and easy. Yet when I get down to it, the kneading part always seemed to make me sweat A LOT. :P

So hubby helped out this time. We had a good laugh in the kitchen doing stunts like the mamak making roti canai. We wondered what went wrong cos the dough did not seemed to stretch well.

He said I should not improvise so soon ( part of the flour I used wholemeal instead ) or is it the dry yeast as the culprit again??

Google lor......and hey, yes! Instant yeast is more concentrated. OK OK, so I whacked up more of the yeast and the bread turned out beautifully - it raised!! And in fact quite YUMMY too. :) Hooray!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aiyah now you make me feel like baking bread. I've stopped for a long time, no time, no inspiration LOL. Now I see your bread, I remember how wonderful my kitchen used to smell of freshly-baked bread! Was thinking of buying a bread maker but not sure how good it is.

1:32 PM  
Blogger blinka.Li said...

clair,
i am not sure either. my brother used to have one and he is not using it liao. So i am planning to 'steal' it from him! kakaka!!

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home