Friday, November 28, 2008

Chicken Char Siew


Sometimes, the itchy hand just want to try on some new recipes and here is one:

1. 2 no.boneless chicken thighs ( good for 3 person )
2. coriander leaves
3. about 2 glasses of water

marinate for at least 1 hour (3 hours preferably or more) :
- about 2 tablespoon of light soya sauce
- pinch of salt (I love to use oyster sauce instead)
- pinch of pepper
- pinch of 5 spice-powder (really, just a bit!!)
- 1 teaspoon of rose essence (I use 红谷米 instead cause I don't have this rose essence thing. It is a kind of red rice, can be obtained from Chinese Herbal Shop)

To cook:
1. Put the marinated chicken into in a wok straight, low fire (note: no oil here ya!!), cook till some oil started to drip out from the chicken itself ( as I did not remove the skin )
2. Then add in water and put to low medium fire, stir occasionally. Since I am using 红谷米, I wrapped it up in a cloth to boil in the water, the 'rice' gives a bright red hue to the chicken)
3. Stir more often, take out the wrap of 红谷米 and lower the fire till the water eventually dried up. You will see again the oil starts to drip out again!
4. Dip out, cut and serve with leaves.

Best to eat with fresh cucumber!!

Easy and healty!!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mm looks yummy, I love charsiew. Surprising it still looks so nice without any oil added. I should try this :)

10:26 AM  
Blogger blinka.Li said...

clair,
you should!! :)

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home