Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Our second child

As a result of me being a big prawn head, we had missed the blood test for the triple test (meaning checking for percentage of a down syndrome child). And I am quite reluctant to do the amnio-test which the doctor will use a long syringe to poke into the placenta and pull out the amniotic fluid for testing. Gosh, just the thought of it, make me see stars!! ****** And the biggest 'what if' occurs to : 'What if my baby had a sudden move and the needle poke my baby??!!' Ahhhhhhhhhh!!

So we asked the doctor for other options for checking if any. For one, we weren't sure what we were to do IF it happens to be one. But at least, we thought we want to be better prepared, mentally. So the doctor suggested a detail anomaly scan which will give us not a 100% but 80% result. Well, as far as I know, none of the result is 100% except for the freaking amnio-test.

We went for the scan yesterday. It was a state-of-the-art kind of machine.
Thanks to the modern technology, we can even count the number of the vertebra bones, each of it!! We could see the heart beating clearly with zoom-in function up to seeing the 4 rooms in the heart. We could see the brain, and actually seeing the celebrum(not sure if spelling is correct....heck). And as the little one move frantically and playing pick-a-boo with the doctor, it was pretty hard to see the face. Got a few shots of the 4-D scan too.. :)

We moved on to find the 'sausage' as the doctor called it and AHHHHH....there it is!! Ahhhhhhh.....well, a little bit disappointed to be honest. We were really hoping for a girl!!

Nonetheless, we went off happily. We both understood very well that we are not the one to decide what sex. We leave it to the BIG GUY up there. Hubby said it could be a blessing from the ancestors since most of his close cousins got 2 boys straight!! Oh well, to me, the very important thing is the boy is healthy. He is so active and he could be a good playmate to Jien. And best of all, all the nice nice baju that we bought for Jien can be recycled!! Hahaha!!

So the question now is : Are we going for the 3rd one?? hmmmmmm.................................???

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girls are different, you'll love having a daughter to hang out with and buy pretty clothes for (shirt and pants so boring LOL), believe me. My girls and I have lots of fun shopping and chitchatting. Eh, must try lah...it's worth it :)

3:04 PM  
Blogger blinka.Li said...

clair,
siapa tak tahu? But the guy up there says BOY mah! So boy be it. Try another time sure girl ah?? How can I be sure? sekali all 3 boys, pengsan!!

4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WAKAKAKAAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAKA

I know what that means! As long as you have healthy boys..is ok.

U think you will recycle jien's clothes? I think I have naughty habit of still buying clothes for no.2 and 3. So cute!!! WAKAKAKAAKAKAKAK..I am a girl, mah..must spend money! HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

10:32 AM  
Blogger blinka.Li said...

mott,
sekali end up like u or Pu1pu3, got 3 boys!! hehehe....my mom got 4 big boys before having me!! wakakakaka!!

11:15 AM  
Blogger ROYAL JESTER said...

heheh..i see my name being mentioned.
if you really want a girl, you must invest in the scientific way of getting a girl.I'm not sure of the cost but u can check..they say confirm get girl.
heheh
and FYI, we wanted to stop at 2 tapi accident..AGAIN!hehehhehehe
but I'm glad I had 3

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home