Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Bangkok

Yes, we just came back from a short trip to Bangkok!! We means hubby, Jien, MIL, SILs and families. All in 11 of us!!

This is my 3rd trip to Bangkok. My first was still the best which I went there during my 4th year in Uni with a lovely junior, Nina. We were there for 2 weeks and we had visited Bangkok, Pattaya, trekking and river rafting in Chiengmai and have a lovely boat ride and a nice leisure cycling tour at Kanchanaburi. My second trip was just a stop over for a day trip in Bangkok after my Beijing trip.

This one was more of a 'family' trip, not the expedition/adventurous type. And the highlight for this trip for me is of course the Chatuchak weekend market in Bangkok. I was totally absorbed in the shopping - the extend of the market is enormous, I think we covered less than a quarter of it. The arrays of products sold were just jaw dropping!! They sell from clothings, bags, food, cushion covers, arts and crafts up to pets!! And best of all, the products that they sell differs from one shop to the other. So my advise is-if you like it, grab it, ask for a bargain - normally around 10-20 percent as the price is already at wholesale low and proceed on as the market is just so HUGE, you can't afford to turn back!! Arhhhh!! For my next trip, I will gear up myself with the best sport shoes and a few big shopping bags! Hahaha...:P

How was my boy? Well, he was fine and such an angel there and did not make a fuss except when it was time for nap and this mommy's eyes were still busy scoffing for goodies...He loves eating the Siam rice and enjoyed his meals there (or did we starved him too long before meal time? kekeke...)We brought along his stroller at the very last minute and that REALLY helps a lot especially when we were at the malls and having meals. NOTE: most restaurants and eateries have no or very limited baby chairs.



> at the Grand Palace.









> at the piazza of Siam Paragon.











> SIL at the famous floating market.






> My lil one enjoying himself in the bath-tub-less hotel. We make do with a pail hubby bought from a nearby shop. My boy enjoyed his bath afterall!! :)



Ah.......so I suppose this marks the end of my 'temporary' freedom till end of next year.....hmm...


p/s : we did not witnessed any riots there and were lucky to escape out before the closure of the airport the very next day!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Contented Mum said...

Ya shopping at chactuchat was great, i miss that!

4:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wah..you are soooo lucky to escape the riots!!!!!

you definitely have a guardian angel!

5:18 PM  
Blogger blinka.Li said...

c'mum,
hey, welcome back!! I already missed that. I vow to go back again!! :P

mott,
True ler....and hubby used to fly there every once a month but not Nov and Dec!! Thank God!!

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home