Wednesday, September 22, 2010

New School

With our new home, new address hence we gotta find our 4-year-old a new school.

Got one, damn nice one, with beautiful classroom (fully a/c), nice clean and proportionate (for the kids) toilets for boys and girls, nice landscape with safe playground, clean and airy canteen, computer room, a hall (for a kindy??) and there is a big fountain to welcome the parents. According to hubby, their syllabus is good. Plus it is less than a good 5 minutes drive from home!! Ahmm..sounds fantastic right?? Well, it has gotta be balanced off with the correct weight of dollar and cents of course.

Well, anyways, we weigh it all and thought, 'well, let's give this boy a try..' More of saying let's give the teacher a try knowing fairly well that our son is kinda 'problematic' child.

It turned out well. Our son was all so excited to go to school that very day. We put on nice blouse and pants for him. He looked cheerful and the very next day, the same thing.

I tried to catch some short conversations with the class teacher to find out more about our son. Whether he is ok, bla bla bla.

It turned out that he is still pretty much absent minded, not answering to the teacher, duh..

Today, the 3rd day. I went to pick him up-LATE! Very late. I was totally absorbed into discussion with my client and forget to pick up my son. What a mother??

Good thing is the school is so darn near. I zoomed in after a good 25 mins LATE. I double-checked my phone just in case the teacher called. No, no calls!

The school was almost empty, no lights for classrooms and I hurried my steps. Ah! Lights in HIS class. His shoes! Ok, better. Then I peeped in and saw his teacher browsing her phone while my son was playing with the toys. Phew!

'Ah! Look, your mommy is here!' said the teacher in Mandarin.

We exchanged a few notes. She actually said that our son is SMART. What?! Smart? No teacher ever says that to me.

She says there would be a short presentation coming up end this week. There would be dancing and all. So they are practicing the steps in the class and my son being him, is not willing to participate. He was playing and reading the books and all......She was caught by surprised that when she played the music while waiting for me, the boy is dancing and doing the steps, the correct steps she said! :)


Not too bad.

So the journey home I can see myself smiling all the way......a happy mother indeed. Ha!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous mott said...

ayo..i smackaroo u! Of course Jien is smart! But I'm glad that the teacher got a chance to peek into his genius-dom!

:D

Well done mama (oh..not the late part la..)

7:24 PM  
Blogger blinka.Li said...

mott,
a genius who always go absent-minded and make the teacher shake her head!! ;) haha..the teacher 'complaint' the very next day..haha!!

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home