Thursday, March 23, 2006

Sepang


Ah yes, this is a valid F1 ticket and I was there with hubby the last Sunday at Sepang! Well, I was not that a fervent fan for F1 but guess what? This is my second time to the circuit to watch the race. I only push myself to watch it again because I knew hubby would like to go watch it live ( his first ) and ok, since the tickets are free, heh, why not?

I can't recalled much of my first visit but all I could remember was the loud vrooming of the engines and of course the rules were slightly different then. And not to mention the hot scorching sun and good gracious we ( me with 2 other friends ) did bring our umbrellas. Well, some mat salleh caught 2 birds in one hand! While watching the race, they sun bathe..hehe not too bad huh?!


Well, ehh hmm, this time around it is different. We were well shaded and I bet they got a better bomoh this time around. The weather was extremely fine, no hot sun and not a single rain drop as well! Blessed are the drivers! Otherwise, it would be like as David Coulthard's quote: 'having sex in sauna!' wow wee!


Actually, I don't know much about the game except a few of the leng chai drivers and also the ever famous Schuey. I really have respect for him because he could have just quit by now as he has already proven himself a champion. It is not easy to handle the stress if ALL eyes are there to watch you hoping that you will win again (or lose terribly!). Well, it was not a Schuey or Ferrari day again in Malaysia. But heck, I knew the game better this time having my own commentator - hubby sitting right beside me. :)

Now, a few tips for those who want to visit our 5 star circuit in Sepang:


1. They don't allow outside food or drinks because they are there to slaughter you with their RM5 mineral water. RM20 hot dog with kerepek lemau
.

2. Bring your own tissue paper as there are no tissue paper available in the toilet shed.


3. The toilet is always wet so girls, wear your sport shoes not sandals.


4. If possible, don't drink too much as you really don't want to visit the toilet that frequent. Sorry for our disabled friends, it is already tough for us to go down the shabby steps on the slope to reach the toilet, so i guess the designer(or whoever) forget that some disabled friends would like to catch live race too...just too sorry. *shake-head*

5. Bring your radio set and headphone. You really don't know what the commentator is saying with the loud engine blasting non stop.


6. Get at least RM500 ticket so that you could see more 'critical' points of the race, the pit stop and the monitor screen (hopefully they will maintain the screen for the next race, it is already in such bad shape!)


or you might just as well stay at home watching it with your 'free' drink, visit your clean toilet anytime you like, order your favourite pizza or savour home cook food with air con in your very own living room.


VVRRRROOOM, go F1, you are still an adrenalin pumper! Love the speed! :) So visit again the next round? Oh yes, if the tickets are free (RM500, please!) !! :P

9 Comments:

Blogger ROYAL JESTER said...

I cannot stand the heat la kat sepang.My friends went there last 3 yrs and said they nearly became fried kuaci (the black kind).hehehe
Don't like F1 anyway..I know,I know..ketinggalan.
Glad u enjoyed it.

12:06 PM  
Blogger Allyfeel said...

Wah so cool har go F1? Hubby actually asked me to go, his friend got ticket that sells at $1000 going for $100. Don't know why I just said "NO". I don't think I can stand the heat plus we are no longer single, don't want to trouble my mil. Weekend should be a rest day for them. Perhaps we should try with bb when he is much older hor? Hopefully by then it will still be 5 star or better.

1:57 PM  
Blogger blinka.Li said...

pu1pu3,
actually when it is shaded, ok ler, not so hot. It is the noise that i can't stand and it continues for 1 1/2 hour!

allyfeel,
wah, should at least try for once la! RM100 only wo! did he go? next time maybe he should join my hubby, they go we just go minum kopi with bb! :)

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not for me, blinka, I'm a puteri lilin ;). But good that you enjoyed yourself. Got free tickets once for my dad and uncle, they had a good time but walked for miles to the car LOL.

8:55 PM  
Blogger Lydia Teh said...

I was just coming over to comment why no entry for so long when I saw this. About time too. Anyway my hubby would love to go if he has free tickets but he doesn't :( He's a fan. I'm not. The only thing I find interesting is the pit stop.

3:48 PM  
Blogger blinka.Li said...

clair,
thanks for dropping at my blog!
well,it is a HUGE track! One gotta read the sigbboard correctly before parking or else, hmm,u gotta walk a mile! :)

lydia,
yes, been a long while.thanks!
well, pit stop is the part which test the group work! and ferrari lost this time because taking too long at the pit stop.. :( well, i guess generally men will love the sport la, women just tag along only. :P

4:23 PM  
Blogger Atok said...

wahhh, great time you two must had.

i'm not really an F1 fan, though my office involve a lot in F1 and motorsport projects. we're the champ when it comes to F1 wind tunnel; so far we have done 6 for F1 teams. at the mo, my team is working on Honda F1 wind tunnel and museum, Renault F1 new CAD/CAM building, and a few other F1/motorsport jobs, including an extension to the Honda F1 boss' home here in Oxford.

latest one here> http://www.crash.net/news_view.asp?cid=1&id=125928
[we did the masterplan image (bottom)using SketchUp; the top image of the new building was done by an external 3d company]

10:33 PM  
Blogger blinka.Li said...

atok,
boy! you design the WHAT! wah seh! So proud so proud of you! Oh, it must be a great experience! I guess i just have to be contented with my housing project ler...
oh so organic the building.
heard about sketch-up. Received a few e-mails promoting this soft ware. Any good or comment about it?

9:57 AM  
Blogger Atok said...

no lah, i didn't design that one... it was my boss and the team leader; i'm just a cad monkey maah. housing, tell me about it; i slaved myself for 5 years on that, before i moved on into something else now :))

sketchup: what a wonderful software! i guess it's catching up ever so fast among designers. just browse in the 'gallery' section in their website (www.sketchup.com)... there are some amazing works there (a few from Msia).

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home