Monday, April 17, 2006

Red Bean Porridge

I bought a recipe book on healthy diet last week. It was written by a Malaysian lady - Ms.Chan.

Eager to try out some of the recipe, I bought lots of the main ingrediant last week only to find out that I had been avoiding certain food and being picky at my grocery shopping. That is alarming - I thougt...

Well, I tried out one of the salad recipe, a recipe for main dish and one soup cum porridge recipe.

It is the soup recipe I wanted to share here as I had it for the whole of my FEVER day last Sunday and today but I am ok with the taste though.
________
Recipe :
-A lil bit of rice ( 糙米 )
-A lil bit of organic red bean
-A few finely sliced lotus root.
-Lots of water ( depend on whether u like it soupy or thick porridge, hot water can be added later if not enough)

Put to boil ....then slow cook....
salt to taste
.....................
Blinka added these which added some umphh...
-Few nos.of chinese red dates (remove the seed)
-A bit of minced pork or chicken, marinated with tinch of soya sauce and pepper
note : ( only add meat when the rice etc is already quite nicely boiled and cooked)
-Instead of salt, I put Maggi Seasoning Sauce.
....................
Yummy, so easy to prepare and it is supposedly good for cooling down the body heat and detox (without the meat la, of course).

Sorry, no photo to show this time around coz I already gobble down the whole pot of it to shiny clean...:P



7 Comments:

Blogger Allyfeel said...

Sounds yummy. Let me try it out this weekend for bb, see if he likes it. He is such a picky eater. I have problem preparing food for him sometimes.

10:15 AM  
Blogger blinka.Li said...

you may want to boil the red bean and the lotus root first before putting the rice (if you use white rice), so that the rice won't be so 'nua nua'. Hope he likes it too. :)

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds yum, must try ;)

9:11 PM  
Blogger blinka.Li said...

yummy not so la, but so so so easy to prepare! :) good for busy mama like u. :P

10:55 AM  
Blogger Lydia Teh said...

Great. I'm all for easy meals. Interesting recipe. Can use normal red bean ah?

10:35 AM  
Blogger blinka.Li said...

of course la. But I think if wanna cook for kids, better boil the red bean and lotus root first as it takes more time to soften the bean i noticed...

12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home