Thursday, March 15, 2007

Little White Boat

小白船. Yes, this was the song I used to sing a lot when baby was in my tummy.

I can't recall what songs my mum used to sing to me when she tried to put me to sleep, probably a Hainanese folk song! Ha ha! All I can recall is that my aunt used to sing this song a lot when putting my cousin sister, Xiao Chuen to sleep.

When I sang to him this song, I could feel his responses in there, either kicking or turning.
When baby was in hospital 'sun-bathing' under the photo-therapy machine, I sang to him too;
And this happened a couple of times now: when I sing this song to him, he would lift up his head and actually stop suckling, stared hard into me, watching me and my lips and hearing intensely. Just the other night, when I was trying to put him to sleep with this song, he actually lift up his head again and watched me singing for the entire 3 rounds of the song!

It is simply amazing.

So, what song do you sing to your baby?

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Contented Mum said...

More amazing discovery will come. Baby is loads of fun! I sing Jesus loves me for my girl

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaa, i agree with contented mum, more more MORE to come...
I sing twinkle twinkle little star, because that was the oni song that could lull her to bed when she was 1 month old!!!

2:42 PM  
Blogger blinka.Li said...

contented mum & shannon,
wah! Yes, everyday is like an adventure for me, hahaha. Hmm, sometimes I sing Silent Night and Twinkle2 Lil Star too! :)

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

elo elo!!!

thanks for coming over to my blog.

I shall RSS u..so I don't miss out.

Plus..YES!! I sang "Hickorey Dickorey Dock" to my No.1 all the time (No.2 still in tummy)and guess what..it was the only song that he wud calm down to, when he (no.2) was crying!!!!

Till today, it's his FAVOURITE song..imagine!

Alas..too bad for No.1...I never sang for him, while in tummy. HAHAHAHAHAH!!

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home