Friday, September 25, 2009

Popular Student

I think my boy is a popular kid in school. When I fetch him from school, there would be kids running to the door and said 'xx, 你的媽媽來了!!' . Different kids but all seems to know his name pretty well!!

Reasons:

1. He speaks English, whereas the rest are Mandarin spoken kids. Lately, I notice even the teachers sometimes speak to him in English. See how ONE person can influence the rest?? Lets just say that my boy is so hard headed and refuse to learn Mandarin...duh...

2. He hardly eat ANYTHING prepared by the school, I mean his brunch aka tea breaks. His teachers even told me to bring something for him just in case he is starved (for a SINGLE meal??)

Well, he is a growing kid alright, so we always keep things in his bag : biscuits, corn flakes, cakes, muffins, potatoes w fry eggs etc.........Sometimes the food container is emptied - we started wondering if our boy actually eat it or it is his trick to make him 'popular' by distributing the food ?? Hmmmm....looks like a politician in the making yeah??

3. He 'sings' his 三字經、弟子規 already and I really need to buck up a little!! Now for a person know next to zero about Mandarin to memorize breezily on this literature stuff, don't you think he is amazing??

p/s : try it on ANY kids who do nothing but to sing it EVERYDAY, you will have a kid who sings literature in a month's time. As I said before this, to put logic and meaning to kids at this age is like pulling a bull up the tree but memorizing things........you sure lose to them!


4. He is always late for class....(sounds very much like his mother)


5. For quite some time, my boy wee wee in his class. (The situation is better controlled now, no more wee wee thingy for the past 2 weeks already!)


See how popular my boy can be?? For the wrong reasons....of course!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous clair said...

My Steev also refused to eat anything in kindy... so we paid for nothing 0-0. In fact, he never ate recess in his entire school life, strange guy!

4:57 PM  
Anonymous mott said...

i dunno la..kids. good food, and they won't eat.

hmmm..I remember being so damn hungry in school.

6:28 PM  
Blogger blinka.Li said...

clair,
then you can save on that pocket money thing!! good.

mott,
me too, always so hungry by recess time....coz never got breakfast in the morning...hahah!

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home