Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Short Escapade

Last week, hubby was surfing the net for hotel rates. Obviously we needed a break. He was looking at Avilion-PD, & Guoman-PD etc and I told him-- expensive. Then he was looking at Genting Highland-ahhhhh, I don't like it. It is just too overly commercialized, congested, no-where to go to other than the Theme Park which does not sounds attractive AT ALL. I love the cold weather though.

So I suggested Bukit Tinggi.

He checked out the rate. It was quite ok. Colmar-The French Theme, Berjaya resort's one night stay of one room suite costs RM 200 with complimentary breakfast for 2. We jumped into it and had a wonderful, peaceful, pleasant weekend with our 2 sons!!

So off we go last Sunday. The journey only took us about an hour. No hassle. No jam.

As it was an off-peak period, checking in/out was easy.

The room? A bit run down (biasa-lah, Malaysian style). But it is quite a big suite complete with living hall and a pantry. The room is furnished with a four-postal bed. 2 TVs - one in the hall, one in the room. Not bad!

I revisited the Japanese Garden. It is still my favourite spot there.

What amazed me was my Jien who always requested his father to carry him whenever we were at the Zoo, actually walked and ran in the park. He obviously enjoyed himself too.

Oh..the breakfast was quite ok too. Quite a spread of choices for a buffet.

The fresh air, the cool breeze, the smiles of our boys made us decided that we will surely visit it again. :)

I am recharged!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Seow Wei said...

Wow, sound like a good escapade.. Bukit Tinggi too far to drive from Singapore lah...I am thinking to visit Thistle PD tho' (previously Guoman), looks good from website. If hubby complain about the distance, maybe go Melaka instead..

10:51 AM  
Blogger blinka.Li said...

looks like Avilion and Thistle is now dominated by S'pore visitors..Locals shy away - too expensive...when r u going? maybe we can plan out something too and meet there? :)

2:17 PM  
Anonymous clair said...

Short breaks are nice :)

5:49 PM  
Blogger LHS said...

envy envy..i wish i could have such an escapade!

6:19 AM  
Anonymous Seow Wei said...

S$1=RM$244..that's why dominated by Singaporean lah..Even Malacca hotel are fully booked this coming Singapore National Day long weekend. I am not joining the long traffic jam at the custom. Has not firmed up when to go, probably next weekdays or so, too short a notice for you? :)

11:01 AM  
Anonymous Seow Wei said...

Opps, I mean S$100=RM$244..haha

11:02 AM  
Blogger Fashionasia said...

I would love for a getaway too!! but with the h1n1 i dare not go anywhere lo.. I stayed at the colmar bukit tinggi too but last time was so expensive. I think at least rm400 something....

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home