Friday, July 10, 2009

Black Face vs White Face

Hei Lian, Bai Lian - direct translation in Chinese, which goes to say that in parenting your kids, there is always the case where either one of the parents would take the role of the stern, fierce, shouting, chasing, in other words the devil one and the other one would be the lovey dovey, soft spoken, anything-can-do, saint-like character...

Ok, I guess you all know where I stand. Yes, the devil one with the two horns. You are SOOOOO absolutely RIGHT!

I guess normally the one who stays at home and face them more would always be the 'hei lian'. What to do? We are seeing their horns growing every SECOND and just can't help but to YELL, YELL and YELL!

Jien sometimes can be so mischievous and he is such a techy-boy at his age. Being a TV addict, he would turn on the TV, computer and sometimes playing daddy's i-Phone and the PSII (which we upload Baby Einsteins and Elmo's shows) all, I repeat -- ALL, at ONE GO!!

Recently this really pissed me off! Actually, it worries me, so it kinda pissed me la! He couldn't care less when we call him. He is so blur and absent minded! He was SO into the thing he is playing or watching! Goodness!

So yesterday nite, I restricted him from watching TV or playing computer. I pulled him down to read with me - all nite. Every time his itchy hand almost touch the button, I would yell and stop him. He jumped and pulled himself back, looking at me and laughing away. That is my boy, never really understand the meaning of scolding...

We actually sat down and do some spelling and drawings. He did well. He asked for his milk later and knocked off fast when in bed after a very very hilarious song of the Micky Mouse Club House which made both hubby and myself laughed so badly (because we tried not to laugh out loud and we don't want him to know that we were laughing!! ;P)......

Kids. No kidding.


Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Marsha Maung said...

it's funny but I am both the white face and the black face. I can be stern like crazy but then I am also the crazy one...insane one who makes fart jokes. hehehe

12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home