Thursday, June 25, 2009

Jung @ 3 months

My baby turned 3 months old last Monday!! How fast!

Recalling the time during confinement, he was such an angel initially, sleeping most of the time and 'behave' so well until the about the 3rd week, the 'wind' in his tummy build up and he was crying relentlessly for about 3 weeks then.

Come Saturdays and Sundays when our maid left us, ooo....it would be such a hectic, restless, mindless, super-busy, super-tired day for me and hubby taking care of the 2 monsters. And baby Jung just seems to cry so hard especially in the evenings before he knocked off... sob sob! I felt like a terrible mother!

Until....

One fine day, I picked up my parenting book again and look for some clues. I knew all the rules but I just want confirmations and a 'pat' on my shoulder to reaffirm myself that my baby is FINE. No baby is born to cry so much and to be hot tempered! There must be something wrong!

I kept hypnotizing myself that I should keep myself HAPPY, POSITIVE so that my baby can sense it. I keep shower him with kisses, strokes, massage and telling him how much I love him even the cry is so loud it could be heard miles away, I swear! That aside, I make sure I do not touch any 'offensive' food for that period. I did not eat any ginger, big onion, garlic, orange, milk, cheese, lemon, etc etc. Mind you, the bread that we baked that period - we use soya milk instead of cow's milk. Yes, to that extend.

Then, one morning, I turned my baby (he sleeps chest down) after his sleep. That particular morning, he gave me the sweetest heart-melting smile!! And from then on, there is no turning back!! He loves smiling to me and hubby every time we carry him, and especially in the morning! What a great way to start off the day! :)

Evening sleeps?? He did cry a bit but not the super loud cry anymore. It was the kind of cry that tells me : Mama, I am tired, I need to sleep now!! Well, before this, he would want us to carry and carry him - DON'T EVER PUT ME DOWN or I will BLAST!!! Whoa, mind you, my record was to carry him more than an hour putting him to sleep! - I am so relieved that was already a HISTORY...phew!

Talking about sleep, one day, like any other days, he was sobbing a bit trying to sleep. I carried him, this way, that way, all ways- all failed. I could feel my temper brewing.....ahhh...I need to stay away from him, to calm down myself. So I just put him down...to back off.

What is wrong?? What have I done wrong?? Then something kinda miracle happens to me : After a while, he kinda quiet down. Myself, still feeling a bit agitated, I just stay put to watch what happen next. Another minute passed. I told myself, give him 5 mins before I pick him up again. Next minute - even more quiet. Next he was seen turning his head, eyes shut and next - zzzzzz away!! Hooray!! I was so used to patting Jien to sleep and I forget that all babies are different. Nowadays, my boy sleeps on his own but sometimes with mama's patting. How easy.

For the past one month, my baby is super sweet baby. The type that anyone would want!!

He feeds about 2 hours intervals and more frequent in the evenings storing up his 'tank' before a long long sleep of 5-6 hours before the next feeding.

He knocked off quite punctually at 8pm. So I could go out with friends for dinner. Or have a short outing with Jien and hubby. This had never happened to me when I had Jien!

He sleeps well in the afternoon and feeds on bottle well too if I do go out for work. I normally left the house in the afternoon to ease out my maid. That is when everyone's tummy is full and happy; the boys are ready to take naps - then vrrooom I go!

He loves his mobil now and love watching his hands!! He suckle his hands too and as usual - very LOUD!! Wakaka!

He is such a dear boy and we all love him so much!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous clair said...

Hey your Jung is so cute I wanna pinch his cheeks, haha. 'grats on winning him over, you're indeed a great mommy. I don't know what I would've done with a fussy baby..honestly.

3:43 PM  
Blogger Contented Mum said...

So fast ya, the baby is 3 mths and can turn now. Wonderful that he can sleep on his own and by 8pm!

11:43 AM  
Blogger LHS said...

i cut down all my dairy food too, yeah, like you, to that extend! but sigh, the problem still there..

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home