Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Parenthood

I don't know how to begin writing this.

I was hilarious and merry on my last post and just on the same day, a matter of few hours, I was brought down to the lowest valley. My heart shattered, bled and I was in deep sorrow.

That very day, Jien was pretty much the same. Happily practicing his skill 'hitting' at the mouse and playing with his pass-down computer from me.

Perhaps he pla
yed too much on the screen. He was a bit blur, maybe. At night, he requested again to play. We let it be but after an hour or so, we reckoned it was enough for him. He was then showing a bit of tantrum and went to the kitchen and dished out his plastic bowls and ........

as I saw him coming out from the kitchen, I laid Jung for his bedtime. When I came out, Jien was already screaming and crying. He tripped and fell down on the floor and limping to his dad. I thought it was a normal cry. I reached for my phone for a missed call and called back a friend. The cry persisted. Hubby and I suspected something is not right.

After calming him down, he was still complaining of pain and refused to move his left leg. He was unstable emotionall
y.

We decided to go to the hospital to do an X-ray. We knew our boy would not cry - not this way.

We are right. He got a hairline crack - at his tibia and not his knee cap as we had suspected.

Now we kne
w why his cry was so heart-wrenching. My heart sank deeper and deeper when I see his tears flow with every small movement he made. It felt like needle pricking my own flesh. I kept holding back my tears for I do not want him to see that.

After the doctor did the cast (half cast), my brave boy was already waving goodbye to the doctor. I AM SO PROUD of him.

His progress in short :

Day 1 : Trauma. He could not sleep well not to mention that it was so hard putting him to sleep. He kept saying ' There, mama, there'. It took me 2 hours to finally put him to sleep. He woke up about 3 to 4 times midnight crying. Poor him
. Mama and Papa? Drenched and worned out.

Day 2 : It was a Saturday. Hubby carried him to the living room to watch TV. He was put lying down the whole day. We had to put him on his diapers again. Emotionally not stable still. When aunt and Ah-Mah came to visit, he cried again. But he let his aunt carried him and he was actually in a 'sitting' position then.

It was the worse Saturday for all of us. By night, maid left. I did not made her stay. If only she has the heart to leave and not assisting an injured boy, why keep her?

We we
re left to nurse for our kids by ourselves. Well, good thing is we are hands-on parents so we are ok but we were drained out and so so so fatigued and knocked out. Jung was not his normal him that day which he would doze off by 7-8pm. He screamed and cried maybe for being too tired waking up the whole evening.

Day 3: Jien could sit up and he is not that bored anymore! Reason: he is on his lap top again. But we are the one that have to keep running to him for assistance to 'click' and 'drag' the mouse. Alamak! By evening, hubby took him to the park with his stroller. He was smiling again for he could get his ice-cream from the convenient shop again. :)

Jien with his make-shift table....

Day 4: Starting to feel bored with his lap top. (well, too slow the speed!) Nonetheless, he perfected the skill to 'click' the mouse. Hahaha! We could tell that the pain somehow wears off already. So at night, we took him to our neighbourhood shopping mall. He was ok in the car on his car seat. :)



Day 5: We noticed some mild rashes and I decided to try putting off his diaper. I lifted him up this morning and put him on his potty, he could do it. So I made him wear his training pants instead. Another improvement. :)

The next X-ray and appointment with the orthopedic will be on Friday. Though doctor had mentioned that it could be 6 long weeks on the cast, we are praying that it could be earlier. Can't wait to see my boy on his feet come running towards me..!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Seow Wei said...

Glad to see you appear so soon, I have been popping by to see if you are back..Well, I suppose if you can blog, you should feel better by now. Jien is smiling again, so mom should be smiling too... He would be all right soon. Has he drawn on his cast yet..hahah. No lah, not a good idea to draw on a cast anyway. Just wondering why the fall could fracture his tibia so easily????

5:28 PM  
Anonymous mott said...

wow... what a traumatic time for everyone! I hope that Jien is much better now. Best to keep the cast on for a while.. Don't want him to go thru any more fractures! Kids can be such monkeys!!

take care..

6:32 PM  
Blogger LHS said...

oh gosh, hope he feels better now. what an ordeal for a little boy..mommy take care too.

7:28 PM  
Anonymous clair said...

OMG I hope Jien's okay, must've given mommy a big fright but he sounds okay now. Just have to watch that he doesn't fall again, ya? (sorry, do I sound like a kancheong mom, hahaha!)

8:31 PM  
Blogger Contented Mum said...

oh dear, pray that Jien get well soon. take care ya mummy.

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Jeannie said...

This reminds me my hubby's accident a few years back. What a similar left leg cast they have........

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home