Monday, May 04, 2009

Hair-Pulling Week

It was the first week to go without a CL. Both me and maid were doing quite all right at first. Strangely, we found ourselves (or myself) some kind of new tranquility at home. Well, for one, my maid does not speak much. Having less of just ONE person, aka the confinement lady at home DID make some difference. QUIET! Yeah, no more heavy cooking for me means less noise too (Please note that our house is SO SO SMALL). No more cooing my baby to sleep ( Me and my maid prefer a very silent and singing almost to quiet humming for the baby to fall asleep, :P) No more 3pm Hokkien dramas on TV. Ahhhhh.......what peace I find.

Though....I have to take care of baby at night. But having this 2nd confinement lady sort of train me to do all these liao la. Plus my good baby will have the 1st session of 4 - 5 hours long sleep from 8 or 9pm. That means I can also have some time to Jien or rest if I want.

UNTIL...(just 2 days later..duh..)

That night, Jung was so upset. He literally woke me up every hour at night. That night I was down with flu and cough. Perhaps I contract it from Jien who caught it right after the full moon Sunday family party for baby. I brought baby to the living room so that he did not wake his poor brother and father up. Plus Jung did not take air conditioning room well. He seems to have a bit of sinus problem ever since born! But that was an extra cold night and maybe I caught my cold due to the breeze and my ehhmm....sexy nightie...?!

All in all, it was awful for the next day. I slept my day thru and by night, I was still feeling chilly. After a good dose of Hor Yan Hor herbal tea from hubby (how could I forget this tea?!Thanks honey! LOVE ya!) I was fine except for the minor cough and running nose.

The drama then continued with baby getting the virus from me. I practically drown myself my Vit.C and other supplements so that I can pass them to baby and THANK GOD, he did take it well.

And then it was a weekend, not like any other weekend, but a weekend without my maid and it was hubby's birthday!! No cake!! Hubby went out and bought himself one!! hahaha...well, kesian hor? But actually it was more for Jien. He loves the lit candles and the song! We were so busy taking care of our 'bundle of joy' by ourselves and we were so so worn out by the end of the day and we did not even have the time to sing the birthday song and cut the cake..:P

What? Present? Yes of course I did get him one. I bought it about 2 weeks before baby was due. The present is a cool Mont Blanc belt. I like it and so is the big boy. And I already know what to get him for his next birthday!! He he he...

Gauging from this week, I doubt my maid can handle both the boys when I am set to go to work by June...O M G!










Cake cutting ..days later :)

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous clair said...

Wah, this wife is so clever to buy DH's present early ;) Hope things will ease up for you soon.

8:23 PM  
Blogger Contented Mum said...

Happy belated birthday to your hubby.
And enjoy the time you have with your two princes!

9:48 AM  
Anonymous Seow Wei said...

Love the photo, so cozy and loving. Except poor baby Jung looked dog tired...hahha. Jien seems so happy with the candles.

Not kesian lah, got Mont Blanc belt prepared for him as present long ago by a loving wife. I bought cake for myself on my birthday too, for the sake of my two little babies who loves to blow at the candles..

Way to go, don't pull your hair although your hair is still very thick, hahha... Jia you!

8:31 PM  
Anonymous huisia said...

i have a bit runny nose and cough now, sigh, my confinement still have long long way to go..

5:49 PM  
Blogger blinka.Li said...

clair,
knowing that he would be so stressed out during this period..a gift is VERY important to ease the stressed soul!!..:)

c'mum,
hi there! how are you doing? Blog more about home education coz i wanted to know more!! PLS...:P

S.Wei,
My hair is not going any thinner but it sure is turning grey. SOB SOB...

huisia,
ahhh...take care! the worst is the probability to pass it to your baby!! telan lots of supplements la!! don't think about jalan2 first la!! hahaha

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home