Thursday, March 26, 2009

On the DOT !!

It was a Saturday. A busy Saturday morning. I was rushing for my selection of laminates for my client's house. RUSH RUSH RUSH. I was also waiting for my partner to drop by and go together to meet the client and I know this would be my last visit being PREGNANT. Though I was NOT supposed to as I was really too heavy by this time around but I was not at ease. I wanted to see my this other 'baby' and making sure that things are going fine.

After the visits ( yes, I visited both the sites), I was pretty much drained out. I waited at the club house for hubby to fetch me. I felt relaxed and at eased that things are going accordingly. We went for a pasar malam shopping then. It was already past 8.30p.m. by the time we had our dinner and bathe Jien. We headed straight home without stopping at my dad's place. MIL noticed my legs were pretty red and swollen. She kind of 'blamed' us for letting our maid go on leave at this moment in time. She was concerned that what if the delivery was later this midnight and who will take care of Jien?....Oh well, maybe we should but she already left and so be it.


That night, Jien was pretty 'sticky'. He literally glued on to me while sleeping. Around 2.30a.m., as usual, I need to visit the toilet again (at least 2 to 3 times a night!!). When I got down from the bed, I heard a 'pak' sound. I was pretty alarmed. I headed straight to the toilet and found myself not peeing from the right place!! Later I found my pants were all wet. Oh could it be me peeing on my pants or was this rapture of water bag!! I alerted hubby. We decided to go to the hospital. He packed Jien's belongings while I changed.
While on the way, hubby called SIL to pick Jien up at the hospital.

We reached Pantai, Bangsar at 3.30a.m. No pain, no contraction yet. While 'calming' myself, I tried to go to sleep. I even took a bath to prepare for the possibly long hour of delivery process. Jien was cool, he left the hospital and was told that he slept shortly after he arrived in Klang. Great. The psycho part that I had been working on him for the past few month, works.


The contraction was pretty minor then. We both tried to nap. Around 7.30a.m., the pain became very predictable at 6-8 mins interval. Hubby went out for a quick breakfast while I took mine. The nurses were not optimist that the baby will come out any sooner. At around 11.00a.m., the doctor came in for a check. Well, it was Dr.B, not Dr.C, my regular gynae was still on leave and probably still asleep due to jet lag. I think my baby can't wait for him no more. While I insisted not to take the drip (birth acceleration, not induction according to Dr) for the fear of a sudden pain which I probably could not take it physically and mentally, Dr.B explained that I should by 1pm for there could be certain degree of infection for the baby as the water bag had raptured for more than 12 hours by then. I agreed. He was quite confident that the baby will come out around 4-6pm by then as the dilation was only around 3-4cm.


As soon as he left, the pain started to hit me hard. I was beginning to feel really tensed. Still, I did not ring the bell. I recalled the nurse teasing me last time. Probably this was not the worst, I could handle it, I thought. Then, by 11.30a.m., a nurse came in to take my blood pressure, I tried to sit up and instead, I screamed. The pain was so immense. I was squeezing hubby's hand. The screams was so loud that the nurses outside rushed in. I could feel that my baby's head trying to make its exit. The pain was TERRIBLE! There after, it felt like a dream land, an illusion or shall I say hell? I shut my eyes almost the entire process. I was just listening to the instructions of the nurses and the loving voice of hubby. On one hand, I know I should listen to them, on the other hand, I felt like rebelling, I just felt like pushing and pushing, I just thought the nurses were trying to delay me just because the doctor had left and was making his way again to the hospital. All I know that was the longest, most torturing time.

As soon as the doctor arrived, I gave 2 pushes and the baby was out. Yes!! The baby was out! 12.00p.m., 22nd March, Sunday. Weighing 3kg. On the DOT. 40 weeks. I made it without epidural, not even drips. I am proud of myself. So is hubby. :)

Jung gave a very gentle cry and as soon as they brought him to me, he stopped crying and was already busy looking around. Oh boy, I am already in love with you, JUNG!!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

You're soo fast! Out of hospital and who's doing your confinement?

So glad that Jien was alright during your delivery! How's he now????

So happy for you! Welcome to the world, Jung!

6:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, amazing, well done, mommy :) I just look away for a while and you've gone and delivered a baby. Congrats!! Now get plenty of rest. Will be back to read your updates.

1:39 PM  
Anonymous fashionasia said...

congrats mummy blinka! happy birthday jung! :)
salute mummy doing it without epi! wow!!!

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home