Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Life of a Princess

Confinement period indeed is a wonderful time to recuperate and rest (aka put on weight). How not to? My breakfasts / lunches / tea / dinner are put on the table ever ready to serve. After meals, I just have to leave the table, sit and rest. Sleep is always a MUST. I am not supposed to do any house chores, just rest and sleep!

One week had past and I really have no complaint of my confinement lady. Maybe this time around, I have a maid, a good maid who probably help clean up any mess done by CL (if any) or maybe this time around, I am more relaxed. (aka shut one eye).

Being second time around as a mother, I am more familiar with things that I need to do and want it done my way. So I told my CL beforehand. I also somehow can 'let go' of my baby and let CL takes care of him at night, only waking me up at time he needs feedings. That way, I can rest better and also spend time for Jien (sorry, hubby- lucky we went for a couple of pak toh sessions before this eh?? :P)

But having said that, she is a wonderful lady. She is very experienced. She had the experience as a nanny, a trainer for confinement lady and, for early born babies, she spent time in the hospital with them. So she can handle cup-feed well. I love all her yummy cooking. She hardly repeat any of the recipes and she makes sure the presentation goes well too! The food is normally colourful and she prepare deserts sometimes too. She does not give me that kind of sleepy look if I wake her up (if baby sleeps with me) to clean baby in the middle of the night. She is ever so patient and cheerful. My baby just sleep or snug quietly in her arms. That means I can take my own sweet time in the toilet or have my meals or like now - blogging.

She just prepared a surprise western lunch for me this afternoon after a week of Chinese confinement foody. See? I am just SO LUCKY :)

p/s: I quickly gobbled up some portion before I took the picture, not that she prepares it that way!! Jien was happy too this afternoon cause he could help himself with the fries!! :)

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous mott said...

wah..this CL is very very very good ler... but then again, the mother is willing to 'let go'..that helps.

HEE hee hee...

wah..i so hunger now....

5:25 PM  
Anonymous fashionasia said...

Lucky you!!! my friend told me she ate fried rice everyday cooked by her CL!! haha...
ps. Keep her number....i might need her for my next! heheee

12:23 AM  
Anonymous clair said...

Wah, western for confinement, you're so lucky!

8:24 PM  
Blogger blinka.Li said...

mott,
yeah, i certainly think so. Relaxed helps!

F.Asia,
Fried Rice everyday? Siao ah? she did not complain meh?

Sure!! So when will be your next?? so soon ah? ;P

clair,
for a person who loves western like you?!! kekeke you sure die for it!! kakakaka

3:07 PM  
Anonymous ShannonC. said...

hey, mind giving me her name/number for keep??? since u say until she so good... how much are u paying her???
p/s: if u dun mind, can you email me at seowwen[at]gmail.com? thanks!!

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey gal, may i cek with u ur confinement lady contact? thx in advance ya :D

10:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can i have ur confinement lady no? TQ. My email.junni13210@gmail.com

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home