Wednesday, May 20, 2009

9th Week

Time flies. Jung is already in his 9th week after birth.

He is such a serious boy. Till today, he has not shown his smile to me, not any of us. Ha ha... I wonder if he is really a choleric... Then it will be fun later as I am more sanguine, hubby a melancholy and Jien, a phlagmatic.

His colic has somehow subsided. Thanks to 'Poh Ying Dan' - a Chinese powdery medicine that I will feed him every morning. Just a little bit. He seems calm and comfortable after taking it and will fall back to sleep after a short session of breastfeeding.


He refuses colic drops. He would hold the drops in mouth and used his tongue to push it ALL out. He would cry with top volume after that with his face turning pitch red! Crying is one thing, sometimes with all this crying, he would puke the milk out! Gosh!! So no more colic drops. Anyway, that Dan also is good for overall health, so ahhhh.....never mind la! After all, my MIL is so happy that I do feed him that.


He loves people to carrying him around. In the park especially. So whenever we find that he had problem going to sleep, we would take him down to the park. It makes us wonder what is in the house that makes him stays awake?? (sounds spooky? ;P)

Well, he feeds on ONE side of my breast only for each feeding MOST of the time. I wonder if he is lazy, or he is sleepy or my breast is SO FULL of milk and he would be FULL so FAST? Sometimes one feeding would take less than 5 mins. So with not enough hind milk, his poo poo has turned watery. God bless us that that only last for 1.5 days, he started to drink longer (though still prefer 1 breast at a time) and the texture of his poo poo also looks better now. See, a mother has to always pay attention to 'SAI'!! Yeah, that is what we do best. kakaka!!


Since he loves cuddling so much, none of us are 'hands free'. And so it makes us all so busy from the minutes he wakes up from his sleeps. He kept changing his nap pattern in the day time especially. He used to sleep for an hour or so but now it is becoming shorter and yesterday, each nap only last for about 20 mins. Just enough for us to go take a nice shower or poo poo!! And then it would be exercise time for us carrying him and walking around the house. I guess I would be so masculine with my big springy muscle to flex on my arms if this carries on!! wakaka!

All right, but one thing sweet about him is he allows me to rest longer at night. His first sleep at night can last about 4 to 5 hours!! Then 3 then 2 then 1.5 and you know that he is about to wake up already...!! haha

Each child is different and I am ever ready to take on the challenge. From the minute I was pregnant with Jung, I was ever ready to take on the responsibility to love and care for this lovely boy of mine no matter what it takes!!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Contented Mum said...

hahaha, looks like you have all the different temparent in the house. it will make your life so much more interesting. each kids are different ya.
Have fun enjoying them

2:31 PM  
Anonymous clair said...

Enjoy them while they're still babies, kids grow up too fast ;)

6:57 PM  
Anonymous Seow Wei said...

1st kid everything also cannot eat, 2nd kid everything also can try a bit, as long as they can be quite for a while... so, never mind about the 'dan' stuff, you are not alone, hahha

Guessed Jung misses the 'yao yao yao' feeling when in the belly, esp the walk and the familiar sound in the park....

12:43 AM  
Anonymous huisia said...

my girl also feeds on one side of breast, and she is a crying princess who loves us to carry her.

1:01 PM  
Blogger blinka.Li said...

seow wei,
maybe i walked too much during my pregnancy. I never really rest in the day time, kept finding things to do. So now 'jia lat' liao la! have to keep on walking!! hahaa

huisia,
guess I am not alone! :P

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home