Thursday, June 18, 2009

Walking Again

Last Sunday, a week plus after the cast had been taken off Jien's leg, he was still unable to walk. Or shall I say, he was SO UNWILLING to walk. He stretched, kicked, knelt, crawled macam-macam but just dare not to stand up. He bent his knees immediately when we try to make him stand up. MIL was worried seeing him this way. So that Sunday she kept asking us to take him for physiotherapy treatments. Well, ehhem...what makes her think that our son will listen to the doctor? Knowing him inside out, we just wait. Probably giving him another week. Afterall, he was SUPPOSED to be on cast for another 3 more weeks or so if we do not seek another doctor's advise. We count ourselves lucky to have his leg 'breathing' again. Oh...hubby said that sting when the cast was taken off was TERRIFYING! Just by seeing him bending his knees and swinging his leg freely already make us quite happy.

Anyway, the very next day, I did what I normally did encouraging him to walk a bit. To my surprise, he yielded to me this time and actually walked! I was so delighted and the whole day, he had been either holding my hands or pulling my shirt when walking. It felt good to see him on his both legs again.

Then, the following day, waking up from his loooooong 12 hours sleep, he slipped down the bed and started walking on his OWN! I was smiling from ear to ear then! He walked gingerly and slowly. Seeing my happy face, he grinned too!

Kids, they are simply amazing!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Clair said...

So relieved to hear it. Good job, mommy :)

1:41 PM  
Anonymous mott said...

Oh..I'm so glad to read this!! Good on Jien!!!

Oh..the CL? Ok only la - acc. to that girl.

;)

6:16 PM  
Blogger blinka.Li said...

clair,
I am relieved too!

Mott,
heheh,i told u she is so so (especially time wise) , what to do...the first choice is not available...

2:48 PM  
Blogger LHS said...

glad to hear it..think your MIL has no more worries.

7:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home