Friday, March 05, 2010

Renovations

I don't know how many times I had been drawing and knocking down walls for other peopl's houses. This time it is MINE, yeah, OUR VERY OWN HOUSE, from the floor to the ceiling and to the roof!

Compared to our renovations done to our tiny apartment last time, this is at least 5x the work. Everything seems to be so old and meant to be torn and thrown.

If only we had more budget! Well, nevermind. I will twist and turn and squeeze my brain to make the house looks good with an extremely tight budget.

We finally started work on 3.3.2010! Consider a good date on the lunar calender. I just pray that everything goes well.

I have to reinforce myself with these reminders ALL the time :

1. This is just another house, relax....
2. Use your brain, cheap material can look good too...
3. Breath, DEEP breathe, remember - CANNOT argue with your partner during the process.


I have to say, being a designer, my brain always, yes, always flashes with ideas and images. It is nice that you can imagine things but when the images start to twist and kept coming or when you are trying to imagine hard for alternatives, I tell ya, it KILLS so many of my brain cells!! Haha...and when you see me staring in blank, and yes, I am not listening to whatever you are talking, nothing travels into my eardrum as my brain is flipping through images. GOSH, I tell ya, it must be tough being my partner sometimes.

Honey, I guess ya know what I mean..:)

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Clairity said...

How very exciting to be doing your own home! I'm no designer but when we were renovating our house before moving in, I designed a lot of the stuff myself - extension, kitchen, gate, etc and my head was swirling with ideas all the time! I was up late every night drawing and redrawing the plans with my limited design talent. Had that dazed look at the office too when I was working on the designs inside my head LOL!

9:36 PM  
Blogger blinka.Li said...

Haha! At least u can draw! Not bad :) ! It is a process I m sure u enjoyed a lot eh?!

10:55 PM  
Anonymous Seow Wei said...

Excited!!!! Can't wait to see the end product..hahha (sound very kay poh I know ;). Try to relax, take a deep breath...eh hem. But said easier than done lah. I remember crying over the color of my curtain when I renovated my house ten years ago.... If I see my client crying over her curtain I will think something is wrong with her, but when it come to my own house that was what happen, I must be super stessful then, hahaha! Anyway, relax and enjoy, dear friend!

3:54 PM  
Blogger blinka.Li said...

S Wei
Not really that excited really as I already know roughly what I am going to do with it months ago. But more worries as our budget is really really tight!

Having said that, after tearing down the house partially, I found out that I have a lot of good discarded timber to play with, so now I have to reuse back the timber and redesign in some ways la...hmmm...actually I am not really an ID ID person, less of fabric, minimal feature walls, everything minimal...err..colours..only white, gray and black - my favourites in the house..so no crying..psss..I am going to use cement rendered flooring!! :P

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home