Sunday, April 23, 2006

Yet Another Gift for Him

It was about 2 weeks ago when it started prompting in my mind that I wanna surprise my hubby with a mini birthday party. This is his first birthday after our wedding and I want to really make it a special one for him. Not expensive, but memorable.

So I went on planning with the Cafe in our club house, calling his family members, his close friends, arranging the time and I even went down to the level of jotting down all my guests car number plates and past them to the guards and make sure they won't call our apartment and spoil the plan. All were set and no one whisper a word till MIL almost 'bongkar rahsia' when I asked her to buy some groceries and she mentioned something like "ok, we will bring it over tomorrow..." Hubby was like huh? What? You are coming over here tomorrow? Luckily she was smart to twist the story back. Phew!

So the whole of yesterday, we went shopping for some materials for hubby's sister's house renovations. I told him I can't go back to Klang as I will be busy. As with the lil one now, he had to accompany me without going back alone. I told him " No lah, let's go back on Sunday la!"

So the day went on and I had to "put myself to sleep" in the late afternoon to make time past faster... ashhhhh, six o'clock, six o'clock...

Right, it went on smoothly. I put my phone to silent mode and quietly received and sent out sms to know the latest guests' arrivals...ok, time to go. I then pretended that the show on TV was damn boring (luckily no Sponge Bob, no Desp Housewives on Saturday evening...hehehe). I requested to go down to the park for evening walk. (good Lord, no rain!)

And as we walked and walked, I purposely lead him closer to the club house, he thought I wanted to buy ice cream till he saw some familliar faces....walahhhhh! There you go! Happy Birthday dear!

He was beaming and looked at me full of surprise. Yes, yes, yes, I made it. Thanks to my lil one in the womb, otherwise coaxing him to come down and walk would definitely be a tough task. Phew!



After the light meal and the simple cake cutting, he announced the good news - our new family member to come... :)



I hope this little gesture of mine somehow shows how important he is to me and hopefully I will be that special to him too, forever ( greedy me) ...

I love u dear, Happy Birthday.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a brilliant idea, blinka, just like in the movies. Your hubby must have been thrilled. Happy Birthday, big guy.

If it were me planning this thing, I'd have been so excited I'd probably explode trying to keep it all in - hahaha!

8:23 AM  
Blogger Lydia Teh said...

That's so sweet of you, Glad it worked out.

11:39 AM  
Blogger blinka.Li said...

Hehehe, it was a bit of guilt on my side too actually for i did not do much on other past occasions like X'mas, New Year, Valentine's. So i did it all in one shot la! Oh, it was tough as you said to hide the excitement especially on the day itself. :P

1:55 PM  
Blogger blinka.Li said...

Lydia,
Oh thanks to the weather really, it had been wet with thunder almost every evening and glad God stopped it for 2 days in KL. *smile*

1:56 PM  
Blogger Atok said...

wah..well done, well done.
sorry, missed the posting about the coming of an addition, congrats!!! life won't be the same again... hehehe.

4:51 PM  
Blogger Allyfeel said...

Happy Birthday Leech! Wah... got big party never invite us one? :)

That's was a very sweet gesture of you la. He must have been very touched!

10:49 AM  
Blogger blinka.Li said...

atok,
thanks. yeah, sure won't be the same but I am williing to take the challenge and enjoy every bit of it. :)

Ally,
no BIG party, just family members and his closest friends (wednesday kaki). Oh, yes, he can hardly sleep that nite. Last night was his birthday actually-2 days away from Shirl's.

4:33 PM  
Blogger Contented Mum said...

So sweet of you to organise suprised party for your hubby. Hey congrats, when is your due date?

5:28 PM  
Blogger blinka.Li said...

contented mum,
wow,mummy can blog again. good to c u again. Due? X'mas .

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home