Monday, August 28, 2006

White Collar vs Blue Collar

Too much talking about myself. Today I am going to talk about my hubby instead.

Now, according to my MIL, since young hubby has a 'destructive' character. Cool it, not the Al-Qaeda type of destructive but he loves to 'undo', 'un-screw', 'tear down' whatever you may call it to his toys that he could lay his hands on. And then, he would try to fix it back. Too bad for MIL if he could not figure out for some toys as that would have meant that she gotta get him new things to fumble with. This intuitive instinct of the melancholy him makes him a man he is today. A man whom is rather DIY. He can fix doors, bulbs, he knows the know how inside the CPU (which I have no clue at ALL!), the TV, the cars etc etc. This makes him a very handy man indeed and I just LOVE it!

Just sometime back, he was helping his sister to do some drilling in the wall to hang some pictures. And so she was bragging about him in front of her husband saying that how nice for a guy to know all this fixing stuff. Guess what is her husband's reply : "Well, 我倒是拿笔找吃的。
( I earn my living holding pen (not tools) )" Arhhhh! So implying what? My hubby is not a blue collar worker either, hello! And if so he is, is it something shameful?

I vowed not to ask hubby to help him no more. Not till I can forget what he had said! Padan Muka.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blah, nothing wrong with having DIY skills. I love having a handyman (or should I say, handymen now that my son is becoming quite handy as well) around the house :)

7:50 AM  
Blogger blinka.Li said...

clair,
yeah, simply better with DIY skills. Some women even know how to do plumbing work. I love handyman too just like my grandpa, papa and all my brothers. :)

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home