Friday, August 18, 2006

Missing Patrick

It has been a while since one of me and hubbys's favourite blog been updated - by Patrick Teoh. I wondered if it is because of his witty way of 'critisizing' the government that got him a warning from the 'superior' or 'authority' to stop writing or simply because he is just too busy lately.

If it is simply because of his sarcastic yet amusing way of bringing out the news and deemed sensitive and sabotaging by certain 'people' or 'authority', I would say this is simply rediculous and heck, what a waste. I would say our newspaper is a rather bias. All but the GOOD things about the government and their policies. Try any negative views and you are bound to get warning, questioning and even under the breath of ISA. It is such a breeze reading thru his perspective sometimes. We are adults, we can think. If it is just by reading his blogs and I got all the 'bad' influence, boy, I should be going back to primary one I think.

I remembered fairly well during the secondary school and even during our 'Pengajian Am' classes in Form Sixes that we had to remember only GOOD facts about the government. There were no debate session to make us think if they are doing the right things, no questioning, sorry. Just spoon feed with what they call FACTS. If you'd got more FACTs, you would score better. And they wonder where our education system goes wrong.

I have to admit that it is tough governing a country like this, multi-ethnic, religions and yet going global. But if loving the country by uttering one's perception, thoughts and comments are sentensed as sabotage, hatred, chaotic creatures and 'ini bukan budaya kita', then we are really doomed.

I love Malaysia and may God continue to bless this land. Happy Merdeka Month!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home