Thursday, August 03, 2006

Scale

I was pretty reluctant to put myself on the weighing scale ever since I came back from the trip knowing pretty well that it would be more than 2 kg up the previous take.

I wonder what pushed me to the scale just now and boy am I shock that I put on an incredible 3kg after the trip! This is devastating as the last take was only like 2 weeks ago! My heart sank when I read the scale and as usual, not believing it, I stepped down and weigh again...YES, no mistake, 3 BIG KILO MY DEAR.

It is no wonder everybody starts saying that my tummy really pumped up after the trip.

That sets me thinking
, well, the baby only weighs about 2.5kg-3.0kg at most at birth, say the rest are water bag's weight....ehmmm, still another 4 months+ to go, boy am I turning into a big fat sumo lady wrestler or what? This somehow worries me...


I look 6 months pregnant, don't I? I am only approaching 5 months now..





Midnite yesterday, I had a cramp on my left foot and I screamed on top of my lung out to wake up my hubby. It was a real shock to me because I do not anticipate this to happen so fast and my poor legs start to swell like having bees stung ever since back from the trip. I bet my poor size 5 feet just cannot bear the incredible weight no more. Poor thing.



7 Comments:

Blogger Ricket said...

Whao!
Congrats..! Boy or Girl?
If you think you are gaining fast, wait till you hit 3rd trimester.

2:49 PM  
Blogger Contented Mum said...

Don't worry, certain month you will gain more and certain month you won't gain as much.
One of my collegeue give birth to a 4.9kg baby, so it may be baby who is enjoying all the good food, yum yum mummy!
Good to have honeymoon b4 baby arrived!

4:39 PM  
Blogger blinka.Li said...

Ricket,
That 'whao' really scares me! yeah, it is pretty daunting to gain 3kg in a matter of less than 2 wks! Well, doc said boy. I hope the book that i am reading is correct, much weight is actually should be gain during 2nd and not 3rd trimester! :O

contented mum,
a 4.9kg! wow, must be a c-section bb la! :)

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry, your feet will grow bigger to accomodate your weight LOL.

1:28 PM  
Blogger blinka.Li said...

Clair,
aiyo, feet also grow ah? so you size what now? 7 or 8? LOL! but i do have a friend who grow TALLER after pregnant. You did too? :P

3:08 PM  
Blogger Allyfeel said...

What about the breast? I remembered having to buy my bra many times during the pregnancy resulting 2 drawers full of bras now. I am still keeping it for the 2nd one...hehe. :)

11:08 AM  
Blogger blinka.Li said...

allyfeel,
Oh, already bought that when I was 2mths pregnant! I also used back some old bras but without the pad for push up la! Now looks like I gotta buy more liao! :P

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home