Tuesday, September 19, 2006

'Migration'

Hubby was offered a job in Perth, Australia the other day. He asked me if it is ok for us to move there for say 2 years. Well, a lot of things came gushing into my mind and the first thing that struck me was of course about my profession.

Well, if we were to move there, I have to baby sit our baby at home. I have to forgo my practise. Well, isn't that what I want? Well, if hubby's remuneration is good and can cover my earning, WHY NOT?
But I can't help to think that I still LOVE my job. I love the thrill of designing a house, a building etc. I still love to contribute to the society and working can keep my mind working and also keep me abreast of what is going on with the rest of the world. But at the same time, I want to be with my baby, if possible, full time. Hahaha.. greedy woman.

I somehow made up my mind to move. I told myself I will look for a partner to take care of all my current projects and maintain my practise here. And when I am back, I can still continue the partnership as well as my own sole proprietary practise. Perhaps I need a break now and it is a good time to take a break since the economy is slowing down quite evidently.

The actual offer did not look that promising. We scrapped off the idea then. Yesterday, hubby told me that the company is offering him yet another package. Hmmm...this time around, would be of six month's work in Perth. Well, that does not sound too bad. After all, Perth is not too far from Malaysia.


So, baby ah, are u ready?

4 Comments:

Blogger Ann always said...

hello my first time here. i left my job to join my husband who was transfered. i am now a full-time mommy to a (currently) 9-month old. moved here (switzerland) in july. just 3 months ago! i miss working life. Really. but i'm telling myself this is a good break and i get to see my baby grow .... alesha's mommy

5:38 PM  
Blogger blinka.Li said...

lana alesha,
thanks for sharing. The decision is not finalised yet on our side but we do keep our mind open for new experience in life. Switz! you can go skiing babe! :)

10:35 AM  
Blogger Atok said...

go lah... good experience.
all the very best!

6:26 AM  
Blogger blinka.Li said...

atok,
how are u? dah sembuh ke? ah, kami belum pasti to go or not, kalau pergi pun, next year after bb is born ler...

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home