Monday, October 30, 2006

Epidural - YES or NO?

Now, I am in the mid of preparing my birth plan before my next appointment with Dr.J.

There are things and questions that start popping up and one of them is,
"should I take epidural?"

From the books (mostly from the US) said it is an absolutely wonderful gift of the modern science to a delivering mother. But some mothers in minority advised me to endure the pain whenever possible as it does give side-effect like back pain, eventually. To me, the thought of injecting some fluids into the spine sends thrill and cause sweaty palms! Yikes!

So any comments from mothers, please? Or even fathers? ;P

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Allyfeel said...

I would definitely go for epidural.But you need to endure a lil' bit of backache after it. Otherwise, it's really no pain for the entire delivery experience. Which is good for me. I can't take the pain. It was so painful for me until I puke non stop.

Pantai has very good and experience anesthetic, shld not hv any problem one.

2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best thing in the world.. for me anyways ;) Saves going thro' needless pain. Who knows how long the labor's going to last. Anyways you won't feel the injection because your mind will be busy thinking about so many other things.

3:04 PM  
Blogger ROYAL JESTER said...

Try going natural ok?if not, its really up to you, but after you've endured the birth pain, other pain becomes like semut gigit only.I hope mine would quick as my previous two.
Hope yours is too...

4:42 PM  
Blogger blinka.Li said...

ally, clair, pu1pu3,
asked Dr.J yesterday about this, he said if i can endure the pain and the process is smooth, go without it. Otherwise, just take the jab which is costly-RM700!! No side-effect according to him. :) Wah Pu1pu3, kecil molek tapi tahan sakit ya?? teror la! :p

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home