Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Klang - I love U?

I remember fairly well in the old days I used to roam around with Pru, Ah-Ann, Ah-Wee etc in the neighbourhood without fear of being kidnapped. I remember not much of traffic jam in my hometown except during Raya or other festives. I remember we used to have rukun tetangga in the community. I remember I started cycling to school since primary 4. I remember we used to stay back and have other activities like school band, choir etc and then we will gather under the big trees ordering sugar cane juice and keropok from stalls outside the school fence. I remember ...I remember...

NOW,
- I see parents have to queue up to pick up their kids, fearing the worst - kidnapping might happen.
- I see trucks and BIG containers speeding and maneuvering the 50' or 40' branch road at housing area; imagine you have lorries driving pass right in front of your beloved terrace house.
- I see traffic jam worse than Kuala Lumpur (unless flooding in KL~la) on normal days.
- I see so many housing projects mushrooming here and there, with no proper extension of road leading to them.
- I see loads of development, but I don't see any expansion and extension of new bridge leading to Port Klang.
- I see new development in town, but the road seems to remain, like some 10 years back?
- I see new decorative lamp posts, new plants (mainly royal palms --$) being planted but after 3 years, they are gone...tata
- I see a row of shop apartment being erected with at least 30 apartments with 6 shops on the ground floor, but err...I only see less than 10 or less parking space alloted. The rest, guna basikal lah...atau bas?
- I see (lately) the old Great Wall had turned into a new bus station. Still jam. The bus servicing this area must be the special type - short type with less than 10 passangers as I see only a row of the normal bus stop seats available for each of this super modern aviation-looking shelter. Maybe the weather in Klang is not entirely tropical, I don't know, but the shelters are built so tall and I wonder it could shelter us from the 2 main weather killer- sun and driving rain. I see breakage of links of shelter for pedestrians at this area. Of course, Klang people can sprint fast when the rain comes. And the city is certainly planning to have air-conditioned this whole part of town central in the future, I think, and I pray for this to happen.
- I see a special planning phenomena and pattern which is very very interesting. Your house could be directly next to Giant supermarket, a furniture mall, a temple, a restaurant or sometimes a factory. I admire this for I can throw whatever I had learnt in uni about planning. Things can go so spontaneous and random. Of course, as I said, the best is to see your house fronting road become the parking or roaming space for trucks or kontena.
- I see this in papers (luckily, I don't want to see this with my own eyes) that Klang is famous for notorious for gangsters activities. Parang might be a sellable item in Klang.
- I see Klang people are quite kesian actually as unless we want to keep staying in Klang, if we would like to venture out to Shah Alam or further, toll-paying is inevitable. Name the alternatives available - NKVE, Kesas, Shahpadu, Federal Highway - all made available and waiting for u to pay, pay and pay.

A lot of people tell me that they are not familiar with Klang and don't know how to reach Klang. Well, simple. Take any roads that say Klang, for example the NKVE or Federal Highway, when you suddenly come to an unmistakable bottle neck with at least 15 minutes if not more before you can move a foot, you are in Klang town already.

Of course now, we are not only famous for ALL the above and also our Bak Kut Teh and burung gagak, now we have also nurtured a few rich councillors that the newspapers have to keep on mentioning this special Royal Township. How proud we are.

Oh, Klang, I love U, I love U not...I love U, I love U not....I love U, I love U not...




Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Contented Mum said...

I just went to Klang for ba kut teh last Sunday! Didn't know you are from klang!

9:47 AM  
Blogger blinka.Li said...

heheh, craving ah? ya la, orang gagak Klang! :) You too ah?

11:08 AM  
Blogger TedungS said...

tch.. things are getting worse each days. the richer are becoming riches, that i wudn't mind but by oppressing and bullying? that gotta stop, but how? vote them out! hehe.. i'm not from the opp party

9:16 PM  
Blogger blinka.Li said...

azahari,
be a politician! you can be rich! :P

12:02 PM  
Blogger Allyfeel said...

Ya..I still remember the good old days we spent together riding and jumping on top of fallen coconut trees. :)

Not forgetting to mention P.klang is full of rubbish. It can be anywhere, along the highway, in the drain...gosh!!! It just come so handy for ppl to dump anywhere when they feel like it. *sigh*

10:07 AM  
Blogger blinka.Li said...

ally,
the best is : rubbish is found where there is a signboard saying 'Denda RM500'!! :P and also at the mini markets...wonder why?

10:26 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

hey, first time around in your blog... but already loving it.... cuz we are klang-ian... hahaha.... I like how you described Klang in this post... Are you still in Klang or already avoiding the toll paying??

and the rubbish... yeah, always near the signs... ish!

5:11 PM  
Blogger blinka.Li said...

shannon,
thanks! aiya how to avoid? dont have an aeroplane yet. but only weekends la have to pay these crazy tolls. oh, the price is going UP UP again...thanks to the crazy minister signing some crazy contracts. :)

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home