Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Family vs 'career'

I had a good chat with my ex-boss today. I was attending a meeting somewhere in town and just right downstairs of that familiar office that I used to work. So right after the meeting, I went up to chat with my ex-colleagues and boss.

More new faces and more new projects. We had a good chat about the good old days and as usual, we had a long chat, nice chat. The first thing that was brought up was he had invited me to join them back, as 'partners', no more as a staff since I am having my practise now.

Well, I declined from the start. It was a good gesture of them but I have to say no for now. I love to lay my hand on BIG projects again since for these couple of years, I had been just working on bungalows and houses AND houses... only. I yearn to learn more and expand my knowledge. When I look at the projects, my hands and my brain got so excited! BUT the timing is just not right. I love the way my style of living now. I have no one to report to. I love it while working, I have my boy come knocking on my door calling 'mama' (though sometimes I have to admit, he interferes). But I have come to this point of my life that I wanted most of my time spent on family. I know I would miss my boy growing up and it won't come back again. NEVER. So whatever expansion and promotion - just have to wait.


Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Decisions, decisions!! Hmmph, I think you're making the right one.

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home