Friday, May 09, 2008

Organic Week

I felt good.

I picked up my long forgotten yoga and for a start, I did it twice this week. I am trying my very best to make it a point to practice EVERYDAY. :)

We had a whole week of organic vegetable this week. I try to slot in more vegetable in the meals and had them 'naked' (no frying like most Chinese cooking la!) whenever possible. I reduced abruptly on deep frying and instead go for grilling and baking. I am happy with our progress to eating healthy meals. And I am happy that I am in charge in the kitchen. I love playing with fresh ingredients and I love experimenting.

Yesterday, we were at a bookstore again (Jien's favourite) and I was instantly glued to a series of beautiful pictures displayed on the shelves upon entry. The cook books by Beverly le Blanc. Absolute nice graphics and good pictures. Good packaging too. I can't help but to get myself this one. It is ring binded so it 'stays' open at 'that' particular page when I need to prepare and refer while cooking. That is important! Haha!

When I started 'reading' it today, oh-o, there are lots of 'ingredients' that I have absolutely no clue of. They are pretty 'mediterranean'. Argh, who cares...I am ready to learn and hopefully hubby's tummy is ready for this and while we go green for our meals, his face does not (turn green)! :P



Picture Courtesy of Energy Boost, Love Food (Parragon Books Ltd)

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Contented Mum said...

I am far from healthy cooking as I still rely very much on the maid to do the cooking. Should put in more effort I think.

4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Going organic sounds like a great idea but with the kinds of unethical businesses practices around, I can't trust that I'm really getting organic when I pay premium for organic, so I don't ;)

10:30 AM  
Blogger blinka.Li said...

cont'mum:
I rely much on my maid's too for preparing the food and do thing I hated most : washing!! :P

clair:
Make sense. That is y I mixed both most of the time. Those that I need to eat fresh and leafy ones, normally I will go for organic. :) I don't like cabbage with the 'bitter' chemical smell! yucks!

12:58 PM  
Blogger ROYAL JESTER said...

binka,
I try to not stir fry vegetables but haiyo, susah la my hubby nka makan. My children can munch on carrots but other salads, i think not. But at least they love fruits and eat vegetables too. but I still love to deep fry my chicken.Soo sedap la Ayam goreng.hhheee

12:01 PM  
Blogger blinka.Li said...

royal jester,
salad can be nice with fruits! Oh I love ayam goreng too! Yummy! But my MIL will always cook that, so i can save up the cooking oil and the mopping work for frying! Hahaha!
btw, I missed your blogs. when r u 'openning' up your blog for viewers like me??

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home