Friday, September 19, 2008

Things about pregnacny...

Thanks for all the good wishes, I am finally up this week and do some work. Time is finally ticking faster for me and I am glad for that..:P

I felt that God must be testing my patience and my tolerance for the past one and a half month. Well, I pulled through it and I asked for His continuous blessing...

Since this could most probably be my last pregnancy, I just want to jot down some things maybe for children to read next time. (maybe)!!!

. Nausea - yes, for this one, it begins in the morning right on the bed before I woke up. Sometimes, I ended up lying on the bed practically whole day and night.

. Puking - yes, even sometimes there is nothing to puke, still I felt I need to puke and I will be 'ueking' all the acidic gas juice which I could imagined eroded and eaten away my precious enamel on my teeth!!

. Heart burn - This is a terrible feeling and with Jien, I lost 4 kg because of this!! The feeling is like yeah - like something is burning in your chest, you can hardly breath probably and to me, I felt like passing out as it almost felt like a heart attack!

. Brushing teeth is an act of stimulation for puking!

. I hate garlic, ginger, onions, the sight of raw meat, raw fish.........I think I could smell them miles away!!

. I hate the smell of cooking pot - boiling rice, soup, anything! Basically, I hate going to kitchen.

. Evening is the worse because that is the time when the neighbours start preparing dinner..That is the time I go hiding in the bedroom. Applying 'minyak angin' and Vicks all over to cover the smell!

. Eating is no fun. The taste bud just does not seem to be functioning well. It just magnifies the taste of garlic!! Yucks!

. I think a preggy is a hyper sensitive animal; emotionally, biologically and physically. I sensed my pregnancy even before the tester told me I am pregnant. I started to push away slimming cream, started to dislike oily food, started to be 'less active'....

. The prelude before the episodes of vomitting always were my whacked up apetite. Searching for cold drinks(can't drink much though, just a sip or two), sourish fruits. I dreaded plain water. They just taste odd. Well, to be frank, everything tastes odd for this period.

. Then it will proceed to the highlight and climax of constant vomiting and I will eat nothing but plain crackers and plain bread with a glass of milk, normally middle of the night. And hubby then will be my nanny to prepare all these for me..

. When this subsides a bit, suddenly I will fell into this feeling of constant hunger. Though I can't eat much, but my body kept telling me I need to put in something in the stomach every 3 to 4 hours. This I think is the time for me to put back my weight that I had lost previously.

. Then it would be back to normal again....................hopefully for this one too. I am looking forward to go swimming again.

So what was your worst? Care to share?

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ya...i too hated the smell of cooking. imagine, i had to cook for no.1's lunch..everyday. everyday had to stop breathing.

UWEKKKKKKKKK!!!!

Dun worry...it'll all pass n soon u'll be enjoying food again. Even if it seems like it's taking forever!!!

Take care!

10:14 AM  
Blogger blinka.Li said...

lucky me don't have to cook lo! :)

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, nothing much to share except I was always hungry, so happily ate every 2 hours but no other problems. Hope you feel better soon :).

4:12 PM  
Blogger blinka.Li said...

clair,
so you were the few lucky ones out there!! :) I am better now, Thanks!

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home